Sandy Grove Presbyterian Church. Fort Bragg Cultural Resources Management Program (CRMP). Sandy Grove Presbyterian. Built 1854 Daughter church to Long Street Presbyterian Originally built as a Greek Revival structure A 1917 renovation included Gothic Revival additions.
Fort Bragg Cultural Resources Management Program (CRMP)
Original Greek Revival windows shortened and “Gothicized” with peaked surrounds (left). Front vestibule and steeple added to enclose the original double door entrance on north elevation (above); slave entrance on south elevation in-filled with clapboard.
Repaired window with Lexan covering to protect against breakage
Window vandalized by bullets and stones