Business A2 Unit 9 Section D
First Thing! (Objectives) • Look at Unit 9s assessment guide--------------------------------------------’Always the same...’ • Tick the task if you know what to do for that task. • Read out the tasks if to Mr. Wales if do not understand and we will go through it. • Understand what is required from section D, unit 9.
Starter • In groups discuss the A & C grade example papers from 2 years ago. • Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both and compare to assignment outline.
1) List possible skills and qualities that a person might have. • Simple – Do your research you are now A2. If you were in the lesson 2 weeks ago you should have been!!
2) Carry out a Personal SWOT analysis • Volunteer to explain SWOT on the whiteboard. • Carry out a SWOT on yourself and then ask a partner to do it on you. Include both in your assignment but explain that one is a peer assessment (make this clear!) • Things to include: • Strengths • Skills/ Qualities/ Education • Weaknesses • Skills/ Qualities/ Education • Opportunities • University/ Olympics/ Economic • Threats • Failing education/ Economic conditions/ Government cuts in university/
3) Get a careers interview • Go!..................later. Its your homework.
4) Complete Kudos, print out results • You should have all done this. • Write an explanation of what KUDOS is. • What did it tell you. • Evaluate it as a resource. Were the results realistic and helpful?
5) Research employment trends locally and nationally • Create 2 sections, one for UK or England and the other for the Isle of Wight. • Make sure you answer the following in your research: • Change in employment rates. • Wage rates compared to mainland UK. • Employee demographics compared to mainland UK. • Employment factors for different sections of labour i.e. Graduates Assessment for Learning: Make sure all of the above is explained and you reflect how these factors will affect your position. C grades will discuss all of these points. A & B grades will include extra information and evaluate in detail how this affects them.
What is a skills audit? • Explain what the purpose is, how are they are carried out, and why they are useful? • Complete the two audits on the lesson drive. • Why should individuals carry out audits? • Why should businesses carry out audits? • Were the audits helpful to you?
Personal Development Plan • Use I. & ii. to produce a personal development plan for yourself • Name and address • Educational result/history • Skills • Qualities • Short term targets • Long term targets
Short and Long term targets? • List what they are. • How are you going to achieve them? • Evaluate whether they are realistic. • Are they restrictive? • In this section you need to investigate Universities and their courses. • Put your 5 main options in a table. Include: • Grades required. • Positives of that University/ Course. • Negatives of that University/ Course.
Short & Long Term Targets Short Term • A-levels • Driving Licence • Extra curricular • Work experience Long Term • Applying for university • Getting into university • Getting degree • Employment • Family? • Any thing else that you personally want to achieve?