NBS Travel HPOCs. February 18, 2010. Agenda. Project Status Update Process for Obtaining NBS Assistance Submitting a Help Desk Ticket Non-Affiliate Workaround Adding Advances Foreign Travel Hotel Tax Pre-Audit Non-Contract Fares Known Issues Q&A Session. Project Status Update.
February 18, 2010
ICProcessfor Obtaining NBS Assistance
In order to expedite the processing of Help Desk Tickets, be sure to include the following information with all help desk requests:
Trip Start Date
Issue Description (with screenshots when possible)
What screen are you working on?
To re-submit a non-affiliate record with an updated organization, follow these steps:
3. Select the More button:
4. Click in the Address field to edit the address:
5. In the Address Line3 field, enter a period (.), then click OK to save the change:
6. Click on the comments field:
7. Enter the comment “Updated traveler’s organization into the Preparer Comments field then click OK to save:
OFM Government Accounting Office will receive the updated request automatically and will be able to approve.
Users with Reviewer or Approver access are now able to update the traveler’s profile to adjust the advance status. To update the traveler’s advance status, access the profile from within a document:
1) From the GovTrip Document Toolbar, select the Additional Options tab:
2) Once the Additional Options tab has been selected, choose Profile from the sub-menu:
3) Within the Profile screen, select the My Additional Information link:
4) Scroll down the Charge Card field. The status defaults to ‘No Advance’:
5) Click the drop-down arrow and select ‘ADVANCE AUTH’:
Advance Statuses Defined:
Advanced Auth: Standard 60% advance of reimbursable expenses
Card Holder : Traveler has a JPMC Travel Card and is not eligible to receive advances via direct deposit
Full Advance: 100% advance of reimbursable expenses (financial hardship)
No Advance: Traveler is not eligible to receive an advance, but is not a travel card holder
6) Once ‘Advance Auth’ is selected the user can save this to the traveler’s permanent profile:
7) Check the check-box to save the change permanently to the traveler’s profile and press the Update Personal Information button:
A new pre-audit will be added for foreign travel when a hotel tax expense is selected. Hotel Tax is included in the foreign per diem rates and therefore should not be selected as a separate expense. If the hotel tax is selected on a foreign travel document, a new pre-audit will appear:
This pre-audit is a hard-fail and the document will reject if it is approved with the hotel tax expense:
Note: If the trip combines both domestic and foreign travel, you must list domestic hotel tax as a miscellaneous expense.
Non-contract fares often have advance purchase requirements that necessitate the approval of the authorization by a specific date. When booking non-contract flights in GovTrip, the authorization must be approved by the advance purchase date or the reservation will be cancelled.
To search for Restricted and Non-Contract flights in GovTrip, select the Non Government sub-tab within the Travel-Air tabs:
The following message will display for the user:
After the user clicks OK, he/she is able to enter the departure and arrival airports as well as the desired times. The user is still prompted with a red message box to inform them these are Restricted flights and additional fee, penalties and restrictions may apply:
The GSA City-Pair Rate will display to inform the user.
The flights will display with the fare highlighted in red to denote that the flight is restricted:
Once the flight is selected, the Last Purchase Date & Restrictions field displays the last day the tickets can be purchased/issued.
The authorization must be stamped APPROVED in GovTrip by this date or the rate/fare will expire. Once the rate/fare expires, the reservation is no longer available or valid. The reservation will have to be rebooked at the new rate available in GovTrip.
Once the Reservation is saved, GovTrip will display the Booking Status screen to confirm the reservation was successfully booked in GovTrip: