Independent Novel Projects - 2nd nine weeks
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
* Big Daddy’s illness
o Said to be just a spastic colon to avoid upsetting Big Mama and Big Daddy
o Eventually had to be revealed
* Maggie being pregnant
o Lies to make Big Daddy happy before he dies (thinks he’s going to get a true grandchild)
o Tries to make it a reality by taking away Brick’s alcohol and making him sleep with her
* Big Mamma
* Lies to herself for a false reality. She is convinced that everyone is lying to her when they reveal that Big Daddy is actually dying.
* She convinces herself that Brick loves Maggie and that they will have a family, that Brick will stop drinking and the plantation will be left to him, the “rightful” heir.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof:
o Very lonely, desperate
o Uncomfortable (like a cat on a hot tin roof would be) because she’s staying with a man who doesn’t love her
* Big Daddy
o Big Daddy has unconditional love for Brick and sees his youth in him
o Wants him to bear a child so that it will again be like Brick and himself
o Once Big Daddy’s gone, Brick will still be there and then Brick will continue the family by hopefully having a son
* People always listening in on their family members conversations
* Usually always noticed and sometimes an offstage phone will ring when it’s happening
* Mae and Gooper's plot for inheritance likely involves many “spies” in the family that focus on Maggie and Brick's struggle
*Always rings in intimate conversations, almost as if no privacy.
o They stay at the Big Daddy house to “help” big daddy and to be with him when he dies, but all they are interested in is who will get the estate when Big Daddy dies. Gooper even has all the paperwork ready at the house.