Conspiracy Theories On 9/11 Attacks. By: Kayla Forsberg. Comparing “Popular Mechanics” negative view to 9/11 conspiracy theories to “Popular Mechanics” positive view to 9/11 conspiracy theories. The Planes (continues on next slide) Where’s The Pod? Claims - “Military pod” a missile.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By: Kayla Forsberg
The Planes(continues on next slide)
Where’s The Pod?
- “Military pod” a missile.
-A bomb or a piece of equipment on a air re-fueling tanker.
- “Inside job” planned by President George Bush.
- Greely is an expert at analyzing images to determine the shape and features of geological formations based on shadow and light effects.
- Greely studies the photo comparing it to photos of a Boeing 767- 200ER’s undercarriage.
- The photo is only a “pod” that contains landing gear.
- The sunlight glinting off the fairing gave it an exaggerated look causing enlargement on film which tends to amplified on digital versions of images.
- The pixels are saturated and tend to “spill over” to adjacent pixels.
- There were no bombs or missiles in the pod.
- No fighter jets were scrambled from any of the 28 Air Force Bases within closes range of the four hijacked planes.
- Air Force ordered to Stand Down on 9/11.
- Hijackers turned off the planes’ transporters, which broadcast identifying signals.
- ATC or Air Traffic Control searched for signals and tried to contact the Air Force but could not find any because the hijackers turned off the planes’ transporters.
- NORDAD or North American Air Defense Command made the mistake of not being prepared; looking outward for threats instead of inward.
- Could only intercept planes off shore of the US called Air Defense Identification Zones (ADIZ)
- There was no Stand Down on 9/11.
- ATC and NORDAD tried to look but couldn’t contact the Air Force because the hijackers turned off the planes’ transporters.
Ask your-self this- Could cell phones receive reception from the altitude the planes typically fly because cell phone calls were made from the hijacked planes of 9/11?
- No way impact can cause such wide spread damage 80 stories below.
- Explosives were used on lower floors.
- Plane debris sliced right through utility shaft.
- Burning fuel from plane traveled down the elevator causing damage to the elevator and to the lower floors.
- “Some elevators slammed right down” to the ground floor.
- Explosives were not used to damage lower floors.
Puffs of Dust
- Explosives caused the tower to collapse and create puffs of dust.
- Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction called “pancaking” and it does not require a explosion to begin.
- Huge volumes of air caused enormous energy to come into place while floors “pancake” creating the illusion of explosives going off.
- Explosives did not cause the tower to collapse and create puffs of dust; “pancaking” caused the tower to collapse and while falling huge volumes of air caused enormous energy to come into place creating the illusion of explosives going off.
WTC 7 Collapse
- Controlled demolition on WTC 7 seven hours after two towers fell.
- WTC 7 collapsed over time due to fires and intense structural damage.
- WTC 7 collapsed because of fires and intense structural damage and WTC did not collapse because of controlled demolition.
Big Plane, Small Holes
- “Two holes were visible in the Pentagon immediately after the attack: a 75-ft.-wide entry hole in the building's exterior wall, and a 16-ft.-wide hole in Ring C, the Pentagon's middle ring.”
- Holes in Pentagon too small to fit Boeing 757.
- Missile or different type of plane hit the Pentagon.
- “one wing hit the ground; the other was sheared off by the force of the impact with the Pentagon's load-bearing columns, explains Sozen, who specializes in the behavior of concrete buildings. What was left of the plane flowed into the structure in a state closer to a liquid than a solid mass.”
- The plane hit the Pentagon differently causing it to make a smaller hole. There was no missile or other plane that hit the Pentagon.
- Since the windows were intact when the plane crashed, a missile caused the damage to the pentagon.
- The windows are blast resistant.
Ask Yourself This- Why was the plane
that hit the pentagon not shot down
prior to impact? Why did the plane
crash into an area that was emptied
do to renovations?
Flight 93– destroyed by white jet, no terrorists were aboard, the passengers were drugged, and the “bumble planes” theory, when people from flight 11, 175, and 77 were brought aboard flight 93 so the military can kill them.
- "Others reported what appeared to be crash debris floating in Indian Lake, nearly 6 miles from the immediate crash scene."
- “a strong cold front pushed through the area, and behind it—winds blew northerly. Since Flight 93 crashed west-southwest of Indian Lake, it was impossible for debris to fly perpendicular to wind direction. ... “
- “Theorists claim the plane was breaking up before it crashed. TheForbiddenKnowledge.com states bluntly: "Without a doubt, Flight 93 was shot down."
- No heavy debris was found near the lake, only light debris was found because of the concussion.
- Indian Lake is less than 1.5 miles southeast from the crash site not 6.
- Wind that day was northwesterly, at 9 to 12mph, blowing towards Indian Lake.
- The plane was not shot down.
- “In February 2004, retired Army Col. Donn de Grand-Pre said on "The Alex Jones Show," a radio talk show broadcast on 42 stations: "It [Flight 93] was taken out by the North Dakota Air Guard. I know the pilot who fired those two missiles to take down 93.“
- “LetsRoll911.org, citing de Grand-Pre, identifies the pilot: "Major Rick Gibney fired two Sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in midflight at precisely 0958."
Facts- “Gibney flew an F-16 that morning--but nowhere near Shanksville. He took off from Fargo, N.D., and flew to Bozeman, Mont., to pick up Ed Jacoby Jr., the director of the New York State Emergency Management Office. Gibney then flew Jacoby from Montana to Albany, N.Y., so Jacoby could coordinate 17,000 rescue workers engaged in the state's response to 9/11. Jacoby confirms the day's events. "I was in Big Sky for an emergency managers meeting. Someone called to say an F-16 was landing in Bozeman. From there we flew to Albany."
- “Jacoby is outraged by the claim that Gibney shot down Flight 93.”
- The F-16 did not shoot down the Flight 93 plane. The conspiracy theorists were wrong.
Ask Me No Questions is a book that’s about a Muslim family living in the U.S. after 9/11.The Muslim family includes Abba, Ma, Aisha, and Nadira Hossian. Abba is the father, Ma is the mother, and Aisha and Nadira are the two daughters. They used to live in Bangladesh, but their country got split in two, Pakistan is where the Muslims lived and India is where all the others lived. So, the Hossian family moved to America before 9/11 on tourist visas to have a better live. They lived in peace going on with their life, but when their visas eventually were expired, the Hossain family tried to become legal citizens of the U.S. When that failed, they tried to cross the border to Canada only to turn back because of their expired visas, and Abba being detained. While Abba was detained and Ma was at the shelter waiting for any good news, Aisha and Nadira try to get their father out of detainment for only Aisha to become stressed out of all the hard work leaving Nadira, the daughter that lives behind Aisha’s shadow, to find a way to bring their family back together again. They fear they will have to be deported and nothing will be the same. But, Nadira finds a way to get her father out of detainment. The officers accuse Abba of putting money into a suspicious account and having an expired visa. So, Nadira gets all the money the officers think Abba is putting into a suspicious account and a letter from the guy that held the money for Abba and brings it to them during a court meeting. She tells them that the money Abba put into the account was the money for hers’ and Aisha’s tuition. The judge tells them is was just an identity mistake and that they can gain their citizenship in the U.S. So, Ask Me No Questions tells you that living in America after 9/11 as a Muslim is hard, but the family in Ask Me No Questions fought for their freedom and gained it!
The theme for Ask Me No Questions showed me what it’s like to be a Muslim in America after 9/11. The theme showed me that after 9/11, the government were more strict on the laws of terrorism in the U.S. They made laws like the newly enacted Patriot Act so the FBI could raid businesses and homes and detain immigrants for questioning, also like orange alerts too. The government would crackdown illegal immigrants and they investigated the Muslim community. All Muslim men over the age of eighteen had to register. If they were found with expired visas or were doing illegal activities, they would be jailed, detained, or deported. Many Muslim families fled to the Canadian border and most of them were forced to turned back and were arrested by immigration authorities. Many of these families lived for years in the U.S. but after 9/11 they were accused of being terrorists.
Hijackers get passed security screening
8:46 am Crash of Flight 11 into the North Tower
Flight 175 takes off
8:20 am Flight 77 takes off
8:37 am ATC contacts the military
Flight 11 crew contacts Airline about hijackings
8:42 am Flight 93 takes off
8:24 am Flight 11 hijacker transmission
Flight 11 takes off
9:37 am crash of Flight 77 into the Pentagon
9:03 am crash of Flight 175 into the South Tower
8:50 am alerting the President
9:05 am alerting the President
Evacuation of WTC
9:02 am South Tower evacuation order
Emergency services mobilized
Evacuation of the White House
8:30 pm President George W. Bush addresses the nation
12:16 pm American Airspace cleared
10:03 am crash of Flight 93
10:28 am collapse of the North Tower
10:15 am collapse of the Pentagon E ring
9:42 am Nationwide ground stop
9:59 am South Tower collapse
11:02 am evacuation of Lower Manhattan
5:20 pm collapse of WTC 7
How 9/11 Impacted America’s Future
9/11 impacted America in some major, major ways! One way is that after the attacks, a war on terrorism immediately started. America spends trillions of dollars on the war on terrorism. So, that causes America’s economy to get worse because we have less money to spend on things that will benefit us, not just getting in other people’s business, like in Iraq and Afghanistan. People get mad because it affects their lives. For example, the bad economy results in a decrease of jobs leading families in America to become poorer and then they won’t be able to support their family. Also, America became more superstitious and stereotypical. For example, America made laws like the Patriot Act, so the government can raid businesses and homes to detain immigrants for questioning. Also, since Muslims were the hijackers of 9/11, many Muslims in America are treated with disrespect because People think they are a part of some group that is against America, planning to destroy it. When really, they’re a normal family, living in the U.S.
First, at 5:45 am, hijackers get passed security. Then at 8:19 am, Flight 11 crew contacts airline about hijackings. Later, at 8:37am, the ATC contacts the military. Afterward, at 8:46 am, Flight 11 crashes into the North Tower. In time, at 9:03 am, Flight 175 crashes into the South Tower. Then, at 9:37 am, Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon. In the meantime, at 9:59 am, the South Tower collapses. Afterward, at 10:03 am, Flight 93 crashes. Later at 10:15 am the Pentagon E ring collapses. Then at 10:28 am, the North Tower collapses. Then at 5:20 pm, WTC collapses. Finally, at 8:30 pm, President George W. Bush addresses the nation. My topic connects to history because 9/11 happened in the past, so obviously that would be considered history, something that happened in the past.
- No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel.
- Controlled Demolition brought down the WTC’s.
- “Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength—and that required exposure to much less heat.” Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics
- “Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.” Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics
- “While the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.” Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics
- "The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down." Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics
- Seismographs at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, N.Y., 21 miles north of the WTC, recorded the events of 9/11. "The strongest jolts were all registered at the beginning of the collapses, well before falling debris struck the earth," reports the Web site WhatReallyHappened.com. Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics
- Explosives caused the seismic spikes
The first graph did not support any of the claims. It was, basically, a made up graph showing that the strongest jolts were at the beginning of the collapses well before the falling debris struck the earth. So, then conspiracy theorists said that explosives caused the seismic spikes. But, obviously, that’s not true according to the second graph. The second graph concludes that the strongest jolts were when the falling debris struck the earth. In conclusion, the first graph was a false, and the second graph was true leading me to say that there were no explosives that caused the WTC’s to collapse.