Leadership Boards…. Do you have a LOVE Connection??. March 13, 2013. conference Overview. Introductions Session Goals Case Study Review Questions and Answers. Board Fundamentals. Clear Mission (KNOW YOUR GOAL!) 3 M’s…. Members Marketing Maintain (advocacy).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
March 13, 2013
To create an environment in which older adults can age well
Part of a national project funded nationally by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and locally by various foundations
Area agency on aging (fiscal agent)
Community Action teams (CAT)
Challenges and Opportunities:
* Doing to older adults vs. doing with them
* Older adult driven vs. agency driven
* Balanced representation
* Relationship between council and individual agencies
* Support/Presence from the top
* Fund Development
* Mission matters and FOCUS IS CRITICAL!
* Execution trumps strategy
* Leadership is crucial
* Change comes hard
* Know when to hold ‘em Know when to fold ‘em
* Build a strong culture
* Define the difference you want to make
* Need top involvement/support
* It is not about the money
* Set measureable accomplishable goals
* Make sure you have referral sources
* Use existing assets where possible
Some Common Questions:1. How does an organization make the coalition have a lifespan perspective?2. How do we sell people/organizations on the benefits of being part of the coalition?3. What are some methods on sustaining board members (ie-leadership succession models)
Some Common Questions:Continued……4. How to energize & reenergize a coalition with only a handful of committed members?!5. What is the role and responsibilities of the Board members?6. How do we ensure that the Board members feel engaged and valued?