CPHS: The Cliff Notes. Robert Nobles, MPH Assistant Director Office of Research. Whitney, et al. Article Overview. Qualitative e-mail survey with 14% response rate Population: federally funded principal investigators Comments were analyzed to show underlying themes
Robert Nobles, MPH
Office of Research
1. What has been your experience with the human subjects protection system in general? What do you like? What would you change?
2. What has been your experience with the informed consent process with potential subjects? Is there anything you would change?
3. Do you feel your IRB does its job well? If so, what helps you the most? If not, how could it improve?
4. Do you feel that your IRB usually understands your protocols adequately?
5. Have you ever served on an IRB?
6. What other thoughts do you have on informed consent and the human subjects protection system?
Approve, disapprove, or alter submission
Modify consent forms
Protect Human Subjects in Research
Record keeping, verification
Verification, reduce coercion
Research IntermediaryCPHS Logic Model