Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The DriedSister ransomware is a file encrypting ransomware. It was originally developed in Japan by malicious programmers which add a strange file extension to your document files. The major goal behind the creation of this malicious program is to generate revenue for the cyber criminals.
What is DriedSister Ransomware?
The DriedSister Ransomware is a Japanese file encrypting ransomware which was created by
malicious developers in order to generate revenue. This ransomware infects and encrypts all your
important files by renaming the program file with a strange file extension that is .干物妹. So if
your document file name was Word.doc, then it will change to Word.doc.干物妹after
This nasty infection once installed, will not allow you to access your important data. There is no
known ransomware removal tool available till date that has a sure shot solution to this infection.
The DriedSister ransomware in Japanese is spelled as “下物妹” which in English Is
pronounced as “Irisimoimoto.”
The DriedSister ransomware is a malicious program which contaminates the user’s system and
encrypts the data in order to generate revenue for its developers.
• Name – DriedSister Ransomware
• Targeted Operating System – Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
• Category – Ransomware
• Symptoms – Slow system performance, odd or missing file extensions, inability to access any
Why should I worry about DriedSister Ransomware infection?
The DriedSister Ransomware contaminates the computer system as soon as it infects the system.
Unlike other ransomware the DriedSister ransomware does not ask for a ransom in order to
decrypt the data. However, it does display a ransomware note in Japanese
In English it reads
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to decrypt this data. So better invest your money on a
good backup software. There are instances when the computer gets infected even when the user
takes precautionary measures for best ransomware protection.That is why investing in backup
software and hardware can protect your data if such a situation occurs in future.
How did DriedSister Ransomware infect your computer?
The cyber criminals use various strategies for ransomware distribution which include –
1. Software Bundling – Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is
distributed with other free software to get an unnoticed entry in the user’s computer system.
2. Spam Emails – Forwarding spam emails is the most common method of ransomware
distribution. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other
similar attachments from relevant authorities in the form of bills, certificates, etc. It can be
named as anything which grabs user’s attention and triggers him to open the attachment. As soon
as the user opens this attachment, the ransomware gets into the user’s computer system.
3. Malicious websites or webpages – The malicious websites are the ones which are created just
for promoting the malware infections like the DriedSister Ransomware. Such websites include
porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the
ransomware infects the user’s computer without permission.
4. External sources –The user’s system can also get infected by external sources such as pirated
disks and other external attachments which are already infected.
How to remove DriedSister Ransomware?
How to remove DriedSister ransomware?There is no such DriedSister ransomware removal
tool till date. However, these platforms can help you to get free virus cleaning online or teach
you the methods for how to delete virus.
You will find many anti ransomware removal tool or come across guidelines for how to delete
DriedSister ransomware. Don’t waste your precious time and don’t get fooled by such
guidelines. The best thing you can do to save your data is to buy a legit internet security suite and
invest in a good backup software or hardware to save your critical data.
Restore your data via Windows previous version
You can easily recover your files, if the system restore was enabled in your system prior to
infection.System restore is one option, if the ransomware has not encrypted your backup files. If
the system restore was enabled for both, system and user files, then you can recover your
personal data through Windows Previous Version, provided the ransomware has not damaged
the backup files.
1. Open My Computer and search for the folder you want to restore.
2. As soon as you find it, right click on it and choose the restore previous version option from the
3. This option will display all the previous copies of the folder.
4. Now select restore data and through the options i.e. Open – Copy – Restore
Effective tips for best ransomware protection are as follows –
1. Resist clicking on spam emails – The major technique used for ransomware distribution is
forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the
attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
2. Keep an eye on third-party installations:It is quite important that you take due care while
installing any third party applications for they are the major source of such infections. Such
browser hijackers and adware come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user
to remain cautious.
3. Regular periodical backup: In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take
regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
4. Use Anti-Virus Protection: We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet
security in your PC so that it remains safe.
5. Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad
blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from any kind of malicious