AVS 120 Intro to Aviation. Airports. Airports. Types: Private Military Especially during WW2 250 airports were developed for national defense Municipal Governments Federal funding was disallowed by the Air Commerce Act of 1926 . Federal Airport Act of 1946.
Vast majority are closed to the public
70% of emplanements take place at the 31 Large Hubs!
Although enplanements have increased, the population affected by this has decreased, as airports have been sited away from population centers
Air Carriers and Commercial Operators
Fiscal Years 2002-2013
Regional Carriers’ RPMs
Expected to Increase 7.1% a Year
International Organizations & Documentation
1. Right to Overfly without Landing
2. Right to Land for Technical Purposes
3. Right to put down pax, cargo, & mail
4. Right to pick up pax, cargo, & mail
5. Right to operate between 2 other countries