Chapter 7. Cells. skin cells (flat shape). red blood cells (disk). Cell Intro. Cell-smallest unit that can carry on all the processes of life All living things have cells Organelle-cell structures that performs specific functions for the cell “little organs”
red blood cells (disk)
1. Robert Hooke
a. All organisms are composed of one or more cells.
b. Cell is the basic unit of organization of organisms.
c. All cells come from pre-existing cells.
1. organelles float around cell; unorganized
* No nucleus
2. ex. bacteria
Types of Shapes
1. have membranes around organelles; organized
* Have a nucleus and genetic material is separate from rest of cell
2. ex. plants, animals, fungi
3. Usually larger than prok.
Muscle Cells Nucleus Kidney Cell
Foot & Mouth Disease Virus
Assignment: Page 173# 1,2,4,5