SGH-E720 SERVICE TRAINING MANUAL. Ms. Nakyung Kim S/W Lab. 1 SAMSUNG Electronics. Contents. SGH-E720 downloader --------------- 3 How to use E720 downloader ------- 4 SGH-E720 Trace tool ----------------- 10 How to use E720 trace tools --------- 11. SGH-E720 Downloader.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ms. Nakyung Kim
S/W Lab. 1
1. Upload the downloader by double-clicking the “Optiflash.exe”
2. Select the “Options” -> “Settings” -> “Generic” -> “Specify hardware platform”.
Choose hardware platform for the downloader file setting.
Set the everything else as the default values which are shown below
3. Select the COM port when the download cable is connected.
Up to twelve ports are supported. Additionally you can select the maximum transfer speed OptiFlash will use to communicate with the phone. However, OptiFlash will use a slower speed if either the PC’s or the phone’s serial hardware is incapable of handling the selected speed.
4. Select the “Flash&Verify” -> “Browse”
Set the directory path and choose the latest s/w binary, for example “E720XXYY.s3”,
for the downloader binary setting.
5. Click “OK” button then press “Flash”.
Power on mobile phone with battery or charger.
Downloader will upload the binary file as below for the downloading.
6. When downloading is finished successfully, there is a “All is well” message.
7. After finishing downloading, Certain memory resets should be done to guarantee the normal performance.
8. Confirm the downloaded version name by keystring(*#9999#)
Memory reset will be done by pressing the following keystrings.
Full Reset :
*2767*3855# - FULL Reset
*2767*5282# - JAVA Reset
1. Excute ‘Optitrace.exe’
Then follow the popup window will be shown.
2. Select ‘bin’ at the tool bar
3. Set the ‘trdata.bin’ file’s location and press ‘Load selected’.
4. Go to File menu and then click ‘Serial port’
5. Set the serial port and press ‘OK’
6. Select ‘Filters’ tab.
Related with GPRS data, you can choose GPRS FieldTest
, in case of SMS data then you can choose OptiSMSLowLevel.
7. Select ‘Trace’ tab and click the toggle connection serial port.
8. After examine the phone’s functionality, if there is any problem then click ‘Archive the trace results’
9. Write the file name and description and then save.
10. Under the trace folder, ‘GPRS Wizard.txt’ is made.