Archery TEAM B.C. - The Importance of Plans and Practising Mental Skills. Anne Muscat, M.P.E., M.A. (counselling psychology) Certified Canadian Mental Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org. Mental Training Plans. Most neglected type of plan Not in practise, not in competition
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Anne Muscat,M.P.E., M.A. (counselling psychology)
Certified Canadian Mental Trainer
Why plans are important in competition Mental Skills
Components of a Plan Mental Skills.
During w/outs worst –
5.Events or situations that affect my performance
1. To help you focus worst –
2. To help you conserve energy on long days.
3. To help you re-focus after a good or bad shot
4. To re-energize after a match or few days of competition
5. To help you control nervesYour Energy Management Skills- Why?
Relaxation Skills worst –
Belly should move more than chest (more oxygen to muscles and less tension to neck)
Count 1 to 5 breathing
Down the stairs
Fill up 3 parts of the lungs
Tense and Relax Muscles
Distraction (socialize…mind off)
Fast out phase
Feet “on ice”Types of Energy Management
8) Visualize in as much detail as possible
9) Visualize with as much clarity as possible
10) Repeat and practise your visualizations regularly
(1) To build confidence and develop self-belief