Linking Mainstream Teachers to LEP Students. I. The Rationale II. General Strategies III. Specific Strategies and Activities. Cog & Dev Psychologist.
I. The Rationale
II. General Strategies
III. Specific Strategies and Activities
Cog & Dev
2. Family Income
As the population of nonwhite and Hispanic students increases to an estimated 70% of the total U.S. student population in 2026, we must figure out effective ways to address this underachievement.
National, State, and local complications. On the average, 90% of any educational expenditure consists of tax dollars from local or state sources. How does this funding structure impact student learning?
Widespread school failure does not occur in minority groups that:
1. Positively oriented toward both their own and the dominant culture
2. Do not perceive themselves as inferior to dominant group
3. Not alienated from their own cultural values.
* Effective teachers incorporate culturally responsive pedagogy
1. Use or nonuse of students’ native language
2. Developing English language skills
1. the orientation they adopt to students’ languages and cultures
2. the forms of parent and community participation they encourage
3.the ways they implement pedagogy and assessment.