Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The Theory of Stress and Coping Among Women Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence. Amanda Shortell December 17 th , 2009 SB 721. What is stress? (2). According to Lazarus: Single or successive person-environment interactions Always changing Reciprocal: influence is bi-directional
December 17th, 2009
1. Glanz, K., Schwartz, M. Stress, Coping, and Health Behavior. In: Glanz, K., Rimer, B., Viswanath, K., ed. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice. 4th ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2008: 211-236.
2. Lazarus, R. Coping Theory and Research: Past, Present, and Future. Psycholsom Med. 1993; 55:234-247.
3. Folkman, S. Personal Control and Stress and Coping Processes: A Theoretical Analysis. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1984; 46(4):839-852.
4. Endler, N., Parker, J. Multidimensional Assessment of Coping: A Critical Evaluation. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1990; 58(5):844-854.
5. Goodman, L., Smyth, K., Borges, A., Singer, R. When Crises Collide: How Intimate Partner Violence and Poverty Intersect to Shape Women’s Mental Health and Coping?. Trauma Violence Abuse. 2009; 10(4):306-329.
6. Nurius, P., Furrey, J., Berliner, L. Coping Capacity Among Women with Abusive Partners. Violence Vict. 1992; 7(2):229-243.
7. Carlson, B. A Stress and Coping Approach to Interventions with Abused Women. Fam Relat. 1997; 46(3):291-298.
8. Thoits, P. Stress, Coping, and Social Support Processes: Where Are We? What Next?. J Health Soc Behav. 1995; Extra Issue:53-79.
9. Brady, S., Tschann, J., Pasch, L., Flores, E., Ozer, E. Cognitive Coping Moderates the Association between Violent Victimization by Peers and Substance Use among Adolescents. J Pediatr Psychol. 2008; 1-7.
10. Morrow, S., Smith, M. Constructions of Survival and Coping by Women Who Have Survived Childhood Sexual Abuse. J Couns Psychol. 1995; 42(1):24-33.
11. Walker, L., Browne, A. Gender and victimization by intimates. J Pers. 1985; June:179-195.
12. Gold, E. Long-Term Effects of Sexual Victimization in Childhood: An Attributional Approach. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1986; 54(4):471-475.
13. Walker, L. Psychology and Violence Against Women. Am Psychol. 1989; 44(4):695-702.
14. Segal, D. Self-reported history of sexual coercion and rape negatively impacts resilience to suicide among women students. Death Stud. 2009; 33:848-855.
15. Swanberg, J., Macke, C., Logan, TK. Working Women Making It Work: Intimate Partner Violence, Employment, and Workplace Support. J Interpers Violence. 2007; 22:292-310.