Chapter 4. Quality Control Circle / Cycle (QCC). Objectives. After going through this chapter, you will be able to understand: Understand meaning quality control circle cycle, Awareness of objectives of QCC, Acquaintance with types of QCC,
1. It makes work place meaningful.
2. It shows concern for the total person.
3. It harmonies the work.
4. It removes barrier of mistrust.
5. It is voluntary.
6. It has management’s support.
7. It is participative.
8. It involves task performance
9. it is not a substitute for joint plant councils or work committees.
10. It is group activity.
11. It is not a forum to discuss demand or grievances.
12. It is not a forum for management to unload all their problems.
13. It is not a panacea for all ills.
1. Create problem solving capability,
2. Build an attitude of problem prevention,
3. Reduce errors and enhance quality and productivity,
4. Improve communication in the organization,
5. Inspire more effective team work,
6. Promote job involvement and participation,
7. Increase employee’s motivation,
8. Develop harmonious manager worker’s relationship,
9. Develop greater safety awareness,
10. Promote cost reduction,
11. Promote personnel and leadership development,
12. Catalyze attitudinal changes for greater cohesiveness and teamwork.