Marco Polo. Marco Polo. Marco Polo was born into a wealthy merchant family in Venice (Italy) in 1254 At that time Venice was a powerful city trading with the whole known world such as Egypt and Persia Venice is a city built on many small islands, which are
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. How many voyages (trips) did Christopher Columbus take?
3. Where was Marco Polo born? What is so special about this city?
4. Who did Marco go on his first journey with?
5. How was Marco’s father able to travel so often?
6. Fill in the blank it took Marco Polo ______ years to reach ____________ (China)
7. Was was Marco Polo’s father and uncle familiar with Cathay?
8. What language did Marco Polo learn in Cathay?
9. Who did Marco Polo wish to marry?
10. Why did no one recognize Marco Polo when he came back to Venice? What did he do to prove he was who he said he was?
11. What happened to Marco when Venice was at war with
12. What happened to Marco Polo when he was in jail?
13. What is said about the book?
14. In your opinion, what is Marco Polo’s legacy?