Sustainable Modern Agriculture. Sagip-saka. vision. Photo/Painting by Dante Hipolito.
Photo/Painting by Dante Hipolito
SagipSakais an advocacy that aims to achieve sustainable modern agriculture and food security by transforming agricultural communities to reach their full potential, improving farmers’ and fishers’ quality of life, and bridging gaps through public-private partnerships.
“SagipSaka is meant to give agriculture and fisheries the primacy that it deserves by focusing on improving the quality of life of our farmers and fisherfolk and, in doing so, building sustainable farming communities nationwide as a means to achieve food security.
Only through strong public-private partnerships can we achieve this.
Our farmers and our fishers are the backbone of the nation.”
Public – Private Partnerships
DA and Other Government Agencies
CSOs and MFIs
Farmers and Fisherfolk Organizations
SagipSakaPillars and their Roles:DA and Other Government Agencies (DAR, DENR, DTI, CDA, LBP, DBP, DOST, SUCs, etc.)
4. Recommendation to the principal - go or no go - possible partners per pilot area and role of each partner
5. MOU signing and launch on the ground
6. Project execution (partner organizations)
7. Monitoring (TK, COCAFM)
8. Submission of reports (partner organization)
9. Photo/video documentation and draft of success stories (TK, COCAFM)
10. Compilation and evaluation of whole SagipSakaprogram