Unit 6 Review . 30 Scantron Questions Vocabulary Matching True or False Multiple Choice. What does DNA stand for? Deoxyribonucleic Acid What is the function of DNA? - Stores genetic (hereditary) information - Controls cell functions 3. Who id’d DNA structure? Watson & Crick in 1953
30 Scantron Questions
True or False
- Stores genetic (hereditary) information
- Controls cell functions
3. Who id’d DNA structure? Watson & Crick in 1953
4. Three parts of nucleotide?
5. Pyrimidines: Single ring shape, Thymine and Cytosine
6. Purine: Double ring shape, Adenine and Guanine
- The two nitrogen bases that bond together
- Purine always bonds with a pyrimidine
- Adenine pairs with Thymine, Guanine pairs with Cytosine
8. What is the structure of DNA?
- Structure - Double helix, two stands of nucleotides connected
- Backbone - sugar and phosphate
- Rungs (sticks out into center of molecule) - nitrogen-base
9. Parts of the Cell Theory
10. Cell Division – process where a cell splits (divides) into two cells
11. DNA Replication
12. Can enzymes make mistakes – YES!
- Binary Fission (DNA copied, Cell grows, Cytokinesis)
15. Eukaryotic Cell Division:
- Mitosis or Meiosis then Cytokinesis
16. Main parts of the cell cycle:
- Interphase (G1, S, G2), Division (M phase & Cytokinesis)
- G1 (time gap 1)- cell grows & performs daily cellular activities
19. when does the nucleus disappear? Prophase
20. How many times does the cell divide in mitosis? Once
22. What are spindle fibers? Microtubules (proteins)
Where do they form? Around centrosomes
23. What happens during metaphase?
25. What happens during telophase?
26. What is cytokinesis? How is it different in plants & animals?
28. What happens in meiosis?
29. How is spermatogenesis different from oogenesis?
Back to Interphase