“Raymond’s Run” By Toni Cade Bambara. Notes for Literature Test 8 th Grade. Squeaky dislikes Mary Louise because she is ungrateful in the story. She gets upset when Mary talks to Raymond because she doesn’t want her to make fun of him. Squeaky gets her nickname from her squeaky voice.
Notes for Literature Test
She gets upset when Mary talks to Raymond because she doesn’t want her to make fun of him.
Squeaky gets her nickname from her squeaky voice.
She knew Gretchen was a good runner.
She doesn’t know who won the race at first because it was so close.
Based on what you know about Squeaky, you can predict she will make sure Raymond
at the race.
7. Squeaky feels very protective of taking care of
8. She got worried when she say Mary and her friends on the street because she thought they may want to fight.
9. She keeps Raymond near the sides of the city buildings because he sometimes runs into the street.
10. The part of the plot that describes the conflict is Squeaky and Gretchen are competing to win .
11. The resolution of the story is when she decides to become Raymond’s coach.
12. Synonym for prodigy is wonder.
13. Be able to identify proper nouns.
14. Use context clues to help find word meanings.