Marine Turtles Conservation in the UAE. Saif M. Al-Ghais Department of Biology/ College of Science UAE University. Sea Turtle species in Arabian Gulf. Green Hawksbill. Objectives. 1. to enable a preliminary census of and research on marine turtles in the UAE.
Saif M. Al-Ghais
Department of Biology/ College of Science
1. to enable a preliminary census of and research on marine turtles in the UAE
nesting beaches in the UAE
structure and habitat utilization
4. to undertake efforts aimed at the standardization of methodologies used by all the participating countries and the organizations they host, which directly work with marine turtles;
5. to create a regional network of information, resources and data warehouse to be used in marine turtle research and conservation.
2. Data collection from the area
3. Anthropogenic activities should be reduced or
prohibited during nesting
4. If, nests are found to be located in an unsuitable
condition attempts may be taken to relocate it.
5. Environmental education programs need to be
Q. How do we stop habitat destruction?
2. With increase in International Trade we are
Relocating Marine Turtles
3. We need to think about the quality and quantity
of our Natural Resources.