Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:nnhttps://www.tutorialsservice.net/product/scin-137-final-exam-all-possible-questions/nnOr nEmail us onnSUPPORT@TUTORIALSSERVICE.NETnnSCIN 137 Final Exam All Possible QuestionsnSCIN137nSCIN 137 Final Exam All Possible QuestionsnQuestion 1 of 25nSuppose Hurricane Bruno reached land with a sustained wind speed of 150 miles per hour. What category would the National Weather Service assign to this storm?n1. Category Twon2. Category Threen3. Category Fourn4. Category Fiven
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:
Email us on
SCIN 137 Final Exam All Possible Questions
SCIN 137 Final Exam All Possible Questions
Question 1 of 25
Suppose Hurricane Bruno reached land with a sustained wind speed of 150 miles per hour. What
category would the National Weather Service assign to this storm?
1. Category Two
2. Category Three
3. Category Four
4. Category Five
Question 2 of 25
What is the relative humidity when the air temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit and the Wet Bulb
temperature is 65 degrees Fahrenheit?
1. 40 percent
2. 50 percent
3. 60 percent
4. 70 percent
Question 3 of 25
Block is moving with a speed of 6 meters per second. What is the magnitude of the unknown force?
1. 2 Newtons
2. 11 Newtons
3. 34 Newtons
4. 102 Newtons
Question 4 of 25
According to the Milankovitch Theory, which of the following is likely to produce change in the Earth’s
1. Change in the tilt of the Earth’s axis
2. Change in the eccentricity of the Earth’s orbit
3. Change in the timing of the equinoxes and solstices
4. All of the above are likely to produce a change in the Earth’s climate.
Question 5 of 25
On average, which form of severe weather causes the most fatalities per year in the United States?
Question 6 of 25
The Mediterranean climate is included in which climate group?
1. Tropical Moist Climates (Group A)
2. Dry Climates (Group B)
3. Moist Subtropical Mid-Latitude Climates (Group C)
4. Moist Continental Climates (Group D)
Question 7 of 25
Which of the following describe the Little Ice Age?
1. The Viking colony in Greenland perished.
2. Vineyards vanished from England.
3. Winters were long and severe, and summers were short and wet.
4. All of these describe the Little Ice Age.
Question 8 of 25
Where in the United States is rain the most acidic?
1. Rocky Mountain States
2. Gulf Coast of Texas
3. Middle Atlantic States and the Northeast
4. Pacific Northwest
Question 9 of 25
What is the wind chill if the temperature of the air is minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the wind speed is
50 miles per hour?
1. minus 30
2. minus 40
3. minus 50
4. minus 60
Question 10 of 25
Suppose the flame on a gas burner stove emits light just like a blackbody. The flame appears blue,
emitting most of its light at a wavelength of 475 nanometers. What is the temperature of the flame?
1. 3101 K
2. 4101 K
3. 5101 K
4. 6101 K
Question 11 of 25
In which layer of the Earth’s atmosphere does most day-to-day weather (rain, snow, thunderstorms) take
Question 12 of 25
Where would you expect to find the Horse Latitudes?
1. Near 30 degrees north and 30 degrees south of the equator
2. Near the equator
3. Near 60 degrees north and 60 degrees south of the equator
4. On a ranch in Wyoming
Question 13 of 25
Which of the following is a consequence of a macro scale climate control?
1. Phoenix, Arizona, is now more humid in the summer than it was before agriculture and irrigation
developed extensively in the rural areas outside the city.
2. More precipitation falls on the windward side of a mountain range than on the lee side.
3. The annual range of temperatures is greater in theNorthern Hemisphere than in the Southern
4. Cities are warmer than their rural surroundings.
Which pH is the most acidic?
Question 15 of 25
What is the Heat Index when the air temperature is 97 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity is 60
Question 16 of 25
Which of the following can be attributed to refraction of light in the
1. The green flash, which is a light green color on the upper rim of the Sun as it is setting
2. Scintillation, or the twinkling of light from stars
3. Twilight, the time after sunset (and before sunrise) when the sky remains somewhat illuminated
4. The green flash, scintillation, and twilight are all results of atmospheric refraction.
Question 17 of 25
What is the normal pH of rain?
Question 18 of 25
Which meteorological satellite orbit is best suited for continuous monitoring of the track of a hurricane?
1. Geostationary Orbit
2. Polar Orbit
3. Low Earth Equatorial Orbit
Question 19 of 25
In which layer of the Earth’s atmosphere do most of the charged particles of the ionosphere coexist with
neutral (uncharged) atoms and molecules?
Question 20 of 25
What is the relative humidity when the wet-bulb temperature and the dry-bulb temperature are the same?
1. 90 percent
2. 95 percent
3. 100 percent
4. None of the above
Question 21 of 25
Normal temperature for the human body is about 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. This is about 37 degrees
Celsius, or about 310 K. If the human body emits light like a blackbody, at what wavelength would it give
off most of its light?
1. 7108 nm
2. 7692 nm
3. 8172 nm
4. 9348 nm
Question 22 of 25
If the temperature of the air is 273 K, what is this temperature on the Fahrenheit scale?
1. 0 degrees Fahrenheit
2. 20 degrees Fahrenheit
3. 32 degrees Fahrenheit
4. 45 degrees Fahrenheit
Question 23 of 25
Suppose the dry adiabatic lapse rate is 10 degrees Celsius per 1000 meters and the saturated adiabatic
lapse rate is 6 degrees Celsius per 1000 meters. If an atmospheric sounding indicates that the
environmental lapse rate is 14 degrees Celsius per 1000 meters on a hot humid summer afternoon, which
of the following weather conditions is most likely?
1. clear skies
4. cold front
Question 24 of 25
What two elements comprise 99 percent of the volume of the Earth’s atmosphere?
1. oxygen and water vapor
2. nitrogen and oxygen
3. hydrogen and oxygen
4. neon and nitrogen
Question 25 of 25
Suppose you are resting under a shade tree in the desert. The temperature is 90 degrees Fahrenheit,
and the relative humidity is 30 percent. What is the Heat Index?