Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:\n\nhttps://www.tutorialsservice.net/product/pols-210-week-6-quiz-latest/\n\nOr \nEmail us on\nSUPPORT@TUTORIALSSERVICE.NET\n\nPOLS 210 Week 6 Quiz Latest\nPOLS210\nPOLS 210 Week 6 Quiz Latest\nQuestion 1 of 10\nWhy is the bureaucracy sometimes referred to as the “fourth branch” of the federal government?\n1. Its rule-making powers carry the force of law greatly affecting American public policy.\n2. Unelected government officials don’t need to worry about public opinion polls.\n3. The 28th Amendment added it as the fourth branch of government.\n4. President George W. Bush once mistakenly referred to the “four branches of government.”\n
Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:
Email us on
POLS 210 Week 6 Quiz Latest
POLS 210 Week 6 Quiz Latest
Question 1 of 10
Why is the bureaucracy sometimes referred to as the “fourth branch” of the federal government?
1. Its rule-making powers carry the force of law greatly affecting American public policy.
2. Unelected government officials don’t need to worry about public opinion polls.
3. The 28th Amendment added it as the fourth branch of government.
4. President George W. Bush once mistakenly referred to the “four branches of government.”
Question 2 of 10
Which is NOT a recommendation to make the bureaucracy more responsive?
1. limiting appointments to 6-12 years
2. rotating professionals between agencies and from outside
3. making department heads elected positions.
4. making it easier to fire a bureaucrat
Question 3 of 10
Looking at the FDA and drug companies as an example, what’s a criticism by some of agencies with
1. They serve no practical purposes at all.
2. They can get too close to the industries that they are supposed to be regulating.
3. They are too isolated from industries that they regulate.
4. All of the above
Question 4 of 10
3. division of labor
4. all of the above
Question 5 of 10
What was the purpose of the Hatch Act?
1. To increase political party influence on bureaucrats.
2. To reduce political party influence on bureaucrats.
3. To provide a “safety hatch” for president to replace department heads.
4. The Hatch Act was not related to the federal bureaucracy.
Question 6 of 10
The Attorney General heads which Cabinet Department?
1. Department of Defense
2. Department of Homeland Security
3. Department of Justice
4. The Attorney General is not part of the Cabinet.
Question 7 of 10
Which is NOT a result of a larger federal bureaucracy?
1. increased “red tape”
2. efficient and nimble government processes
3. higher levels of government expenses
4. fewer laws passed by Congress
Question 8 of 10
What is a “clientele agency”?
A.an agency that works directly for the Supreme Court
B.an agency that no longer serves a purpose, but is kept out of tradition
C.an agency that is created to serve the needs or represent the interests of all Americans
D.an agency that is created to serve the needs or represent the interests of a specific group
Question 9 of 10
Which branch of government can affect the operation of the federal bureaucracy?
1. The judicial branch can affect it through court decisions.
2. The legislative branch can affect it through passing new laws.
3. The executive branch can affect it through executive orders and appointments from the president.
4. All three branches can affect the bureaucracy.
Question 10 of 10
The USPS and Amtrak are examples of what?
1. independent agencies
2. regulatory commissions
3. government corporations
4. executive bureaus