Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:\n\nhttps://www.tutorialsservice.net/product/pols-210-week-3-quiz-latest/\n\nOr \nEmail us on\nSUPPORT@TUTORIALSSERVICE.NET\n\nPOLS 210 Week 3 Quiz Latest\nPOLS210\nPOLS 210 Week 3 Quiz Latest\nQuestion 1 of 10\nWhat is main purpose of taxes?\n1. promote fairness\n2. modify citizen behavior\n3. provide funds to run the government\n4. subsidize jobs\nQuestion 2 of 10\nArticle I of the Constitution cites the minimum age for a House representative and for a senator. What are they?\nA.25 for representatives and 30 for senators\n
Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:
Email us on
POLS 210 Week 3 Quiz Latest
POLS 210 Week 3 Quiz Latest
Question 1 of 10
What is main purpose of taxes?
1. promote fairness
2. modify citizen behavior
3. provide funds to run the government
4. subsidize jobs
Question 2 of 10
Article I of the Constitution cites the minimum age for a House representative and for a senator. What are
A.25 for representatives and 30 for senators
B.35 years for both
C.25 years for both
D.35 for representatives and 25 for senators
Question 3 of 10
What is conference committee?
1. a meeting to reconcile the differences between varying versions of similar legislation approved in
2. a meeting between the president and Majority Leader of the Senate
3. the committee that sets the conference schedule for all chamber committees
4. a meeting between the president and Speaker of the House to negotiate
Question 4 of 10
Omnibus bills are the most common bills passed in Congress today. The key to them is “reconciliation.”
What is this?
1. a procedure where a Senate bill is not allowed to be filibustered
2. a procedure where a bill in committee is reconciled to accommodate the minority position
3. a procedure where the differences between bills passed by both chambers of Congress are
worked out (reconciled)
4. a procedure where a bill must receive floor votes in both chambers of Congress
Question 5 of 10
What is cloture?
1. a vote in the Senate to end a filibuster requiring 60 votes
2. a vote in the Senate to end a filibuster requiring 51 votes
3. a vote in the House to end a filibuster
4. a French word meaning “guillotine”
Question 6 of 10
What is the technical term for when Congress passes a budget that spends more money than the
government is projected to collect in taxes?
1. normal budget
3. national debt
4. budget deficit
Question 7 of 10
What is the filibuster?
1. a procedure that takes advantage of the Senate’s open debate rules to defeat or delay a bill.
2. a procedure in the House to pass a proposed bill
3. a procedure in the House to defeat or delay a bill
4. a procedure in conference committees to pass a bill
Question 8 of 10
Congress is considered to be the branch that is “closest to the people” because:
1. Congress is the branch with two chambers.
2. More of the population lives on the East Coast than anywhere else and is closest to Washington,
3. The public votes directly for members of Congress and thus this branch provides the clearest
voice of the people.
4. In poll after poll, the Congress rates unfavorably with the public.
Question 9 of 10
What is the term that describes the structure of the Congress as planned by the Founders?
Question 10 of 10
If members of one chamber of Congress cannot pass a bill by a majority vote, then:
1. The bill dies.
2. The bill can be re-introduced in the other chamber for another go.
3. The bill can be re-introduced in a future year for another go.
4. All of the above.