All graduates will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities to be successful in the following General Education Outcome Objectives:
Every CAC Credit Course maps the course’s Measureable Student Learning Outcomes to specific GEO Objectives and Standards.
How to Identify GEOs in Measureable Student Learning Outcomes (MSLOs) within Courses
Instructions: and Stakeholders
* Every New or Modified Course proposal submitted in ACRES must complete this map to correlate the Measurable Student Learning Outcomes (MSLOs) with CAC General Education Outcomes (GEOs) and Standards as listed below.
* There are six GEOs, each with defined GEO Standards (i.e. A, B, C, etc.).
* The rows are numbered to align with the MSLO (required) numbers and, in rare cases, Course Standard† (optional) numbers in the ACRES proposal. Place an "X" in the corresponding row under the appropriate GEO and GEO Standards categories where students may be assessed. Be sure to review the Institutional Rubric for full details for each GEO.
* Attach the GEO Course Map with all New and Modified Course proposals submitted to ACRES, or submit to ACRES via the Expedited GEO Map Attachment form if no other change is proposed.
Using the Institutional GEO Rubric and this Mapping Template, map each Measureable Student Learning Outcome to the GEO Standard.
Measureable Student Learning Outcomes in a Course and Stakeholders
A GEO Course Map Example
2. (Knowledge/Comprehension Level) Define and identify the elements and principles of visual design as they are used across time and culture. 3. (Knowledge Level) Recognize stylistic characteristics, similarities, and differences in art of various time periods, cultures and geographical regions.
5. (Knowledge Level) Identify visual symbolism, including iconography, and visual metaphor relating them to cultural values of diverse regions and cultures. 6. (Analysis Level) Chronologically categorize art masterpieces by the artists, cultures or time periods in which they were created. 7. (Evaluation Level) Critique the design elements and interpret the content of art masterpieces of diverse time periods and cultures.
How Evidence of Student Learning Will Used
Our scholarly assessment of student learning contributes to the long term success of our graduates and of our college. Thank You.