Cold War 1945-1991. Communism vs. Capitalism. Soviet Union wants to spread Communism U.S. wants to spread Capitalism/Democracy Increase in tensions between superpowers Both sides want to appear strong Struggle for dominance/influence throughout world. Post-War Europe.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Do you think it was right that accused Communists were “guilty until proven innocent? Why?
2. What can you infer from the political cartoon on page ? In other words, what message is it trying to get across?
3. You are NOT a communist, but your good friend and neighbor is… What would you do if you were accused of being a communist and called in front of the HUAC?
4. What is 1 change you would make to the way the federal government handled McCarthy and the Red Scare / Witch hunt of communists and Soviet spies?
5. "The Rosenberg's case still haunts American history, reminding us of the injustice that can be done when a nation gets caught up in hysteria.“
What is another MODERN threat that could lead our public into hysteria?