The Tragedy Archetype. What is Tragedy?. The idealized world of Romance is replaced by the real world of Tragedy where greatness can be crushed and goodness defeated.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The idealized world of Romance is replaced by the real world of Tragedy where greatness can be crushed and goodness defeated.
While Romance glorifies the beauty and power of youth and innocence, tragedy presents the problems and challenges of adulthood.
1. An innocent victim of tragic events:
--a natural catastrophe
--an innocent bystander
2. An innocent person who is unjustly accused of a crime
• Innocent, young hero faces harsh world of experience
• Innocence is left behind
• Hero recognizes maturing significance of event
• Hero gains wisdom or is crushed