FILL TYPE RETAINING WALLS. EI 10-031 EB 10-041 EB 10-042. Based on how they work:. Externally Stabilized. Internally Stabilized. Soil particle at interface with back of structural facing. Overview: Wall Categories. Based on how they are constructed
Proprietary walls - Vendor designed systems protected by specific patents.
(incl. Pass-Thru projects & federally funded maintenance projects).
Materials Procedure MP 09-03:
Concrete Masonry Unit QA/QC Procedures
a “wall system” to increase
achievable wall heights.
Use Special Notes:
EX. Notes for Use with Fill Type Retaining Walls in Underwater Applications:
1. The Design High Water at elevation ___ is above the bottom of wall elevation.
2. If metallic elements are used, provide additional corrosive protection to account for fluctuating water conditions throughout a 75-year design life.
3. If soil reinforcing elements are used, provide certification by a NYS PE that the design accounts for the reduced resisting soil pressures under buoyant conditions.
4. For any wall type, provide certification by a NYS PE that the wall will be stable under buoyant conditions.
5. If ice contact is expected, ensure the durability of the wall to withstand such forces.
6. Provide adequate prevention of the migration of soil through wall joints.
7. Provide weep holes with inverts no more than 4” above OHW elevation and 1 ft thickness of free-draining material between OHW and DHW elevations for the prevention of hydrostatic pressure build up behind the wall due to drawdown conditions.Expanded Approved List
Reinforced Height Range
HyperlinksExample Approved List: Master List (PWS & MSWS Portion)
GEB Provides Design Details
Design Elements and Specifications incorporated into Contract Documents
Need for Additional Aesthetic Treatment?
Lines, Grades, Elevations, and Special Notes Shown in Contract Documents.