Revolves, Patterns, and Copies. Presented By: Weidong WU, Ph.D. Date: 9-28-2010. Part I Creating a Revolved Part. Start Pro/E wildfire. File set working directory… Your directory. Choose File New and name the part Pattern1.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented By: Weidong WU, Ph.D.
5. Select the Front Plane as the sketch plane, and make the following sketch.
7. Click the Revolve Tool icon from the tool bar at the right of the screen, as shown below.
8. Select sketch1 that you just created and middle click. We get the following revolved feature.
5. Select the center line, and draw a vertical center line.
8. Select the top surface of the pulley. An outline of a hole should be shown as below.
9. Click on the Placement menu on the dashboard and select [Radial] for the hole placement dimensions, as shown.
10. Click and drag one handle on the hole to the center axis of the hole in the pulley. Drag the other handle to the plane labeled FRONT (do not select the handle that changes the diameter of the hole). You should see the image shown.
11. Double click on the dimension at point A in and change it to 70. Double click on the dimension at point B and change it to 0 degrees.
12. Click the check button and rotate the pulley to examine the hole. You should see the image shown
1. Select the hole that was just created and select the Pattern Tool icon from the tool bar at the right of the screen.
2. Double click on the dimension 0 degree in Figure. Change the value from 0 to 60, as shown. Change the number of features to 6. This will make a pattern of 6 holes located 60 degrees apart.
4. To create a plane to mirror the holes, select the Datum Plane icon from the tool bar at the right of the screen.
5. To define references, select the plane labeled TOP.
6. From the DATUM PLANE menu, enter 37.5 into the Offset Translation textbox, and click the OK button. This will put a datum plane in the center of the pulley, as shown in Figure.
Select Edit Feature Operations Copy Mirror Dependent Done.
11. Homework: Modeling Plate_Pattern.prt.