National Interagency Support Cache NFES Ordering Information. For Dispatchers and Ordering Managers. Objectives. To highlight supply ordering process changes. To provide pertinent supply ordering guidelines. To present essential Supply Resource Order requirements, block by block.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
For Dispatchers and Ordering Managers
Slides 26 and 27 are intended to be printed on a single sheet of paper or cardstock and available to Dispatchers, Ordering Managers and Supply Unit Leaders for a quick reference guide.
For ordering from National Interagency Support Cache
General Ordering Information
1. National Incident Radio Support Cache (NIRSC) radio kits and systems must be ordered through the geographic area coordination centers on a ROSS Equipment Order. All other NFES items are ordered on a Supply Resource Order form.
2. Mobile Cache Support Vans (NFES 2069), 500 Person Medical Kits (NFES 1835), Fire Remote Automatic Weather Stations (FRAWS-NFES 5869), and Project Remote Automatic Weather Stations (PRAWS-NFES 5870) must all be ordered through the geographic area coordination centers. Atmospheric Theodolite Meteorological Units (ATMU-NFES 1836) must be ordered through the geographic area coordination centers at National Preparedness Levels 4 & 5.
3. Dispatch Centers may order direct to a NISC for NFES items not available from the local cache (excluding those listed in 1 & 2 above). Type 1 & 2 Teams may also order direct to the Servicing Cache for NFES items (excluding those listed in 1 & 2 above) with concurrence from the hosting agency. In either case, prior to ordering please call the 24-hr. phone number to alert the Servicing Cache of the pending order, followed by faxing the order. Always confirm fax receipt and legibility.
4. Resource orders sent to the Servicing Cache with multiple request numbers (on the same page) requiring different shipping methods or destinations, must be faxed on separate pages. Each resource order page faxed to Servicing Cache should only show the request numbers to be shipped together to one destination. Line through (black out) request numbers not being shipped in the same manner or to the same destination.
5. Orders for NFES items not available or stocked at the Servicing Cache will be forwarded to the nearest National Cache able to fill. However, the Incident must confirm that it requires the items and the quantity specified. The Servicing Cache may recommend a suitable substitute or local purchase. Ordering efficiency will be improved if the incident initially checks stocking locations in the current NFES Catalog for each item requested.
6. Follow local established ordering procedures in placing requests for non-NFES items with either the Buying Team or local procurement unit.
2. INCIDENT/PROJECT NAME
XX = 2-letter State identifier
XXX(X) = 3 or 4 character unit identifier
XXXXXX = Office reference number
(List all 6 digits)
3. INCIDENT/PROJECT ORDER NUMBER
Interagency FireCode plus Forest Service
2 character prefix if assigned. For all
non-suppression orders, BLM Caches
require the BLM financial code, include
The state/office identifier, sub activity
number, program element, and project
number (if applicable).
4.OFFICE REFERENCE NUMBER
For Cache orders, Blk 5 contains the Billing Address
(Street address, NOT a P.O. Box), regardless of
Transportation mode, including ‘Will P/U’ orders. If writing
the billing address in Blk 5 is not an option, ensure that it
is captured in the body of the order (Blk 12). For items
requested on Continuation Sheets, either include a copy
of the Resource Order header form or write the Billing
Address in Blk 12 for each faxed order.
5. DESCRIPTIVE LOCATION/RESPONSE AREA
(Servicing local dispatch center number )
8. INCIDENT BASE/PHONE NUMBER
Responsible agency must correspond with
three or four character unit identifier listed in
Blk 3, Incident Order Number.
10. ORDERING OFFICE
are no duplicate
numbers on the
Must be by Unit
of Issue (U/I) as
listed In NFES
ordered, as items
can improve fill
NFES # mandatory, followed by
description of item.
REMEMBER, items not being
ordered from the Servicing
Cache need to be either
marked off the order
(i.e., lined through) or a line
drawn below the last request
If the Ship To (delivery) address is different than the Blk 5 billing address on the
Resource Order header form, then it needs to be noted in Blk 12. If they are the
same, then writing ‘Blk 5’ as the delivery point will suffice. However, for requests
placed on Continuation Sheets, a ‘Blk 5’ delivery point requires that a copy of
the Resource Order header form be included with each faxed order. This may be
the most efficient alternative when both Bill To and Ship To addresses are the
same. When the Ship To address is different than the Bill To address, the Ship To
address needs to be noted in Blk 12 for each faxed order. If there is not a physical
address associated with the delivery point (i.e., The Fire, ICP, Helibase, etc.), then
driving directions and/or a map is required. If the delivery point changes, a map
and/or driving directions may be required.
Requests sent air freight require instructions to either ’Hold & Call’ what phone #
(i.e., Blk 8) or deliver to a specified location. If delivery is to other than a physical
address, a map and/or driving directions may be required.
The Servicing Cache will provide best shipping option based on Needed Date &
Time if there is a question (please ask). Indicate mode of shipping for all requests
prior to faxing.
Please define in Blk 12 or clarify with follow-up phone call uncommon airport
identifiers where the Servicing Cache is arranging transportation.