Multimedia Systems Design. Introduction. Introduction. “A Picture is worth a thousand words” There have been ongoing attempts to improve productivity of knowledge workers.
1. Video Conferencing
2. Medical applications, such as analysis of surgical procedures and high resolution.
3. Real estates on-line video clips with property descriptors
4. Multimedia help and training material
5. Security systems for employee identification
1. Scanning images
2. Performing Quality checks
3. Performing data entry based on the contents of the images.
4. Indexing them
5. Storing them on optical media
1. Training and Manuals:
2. Business Applications;
CD-ROM Interactive Games
Drawings such as
Blueprints, Engineering Drawings, Space maps for Offices,
n Town Layouts, Paintings, Photographs, Documents,
Non-visible Images are not stored as images but it is displayed
as images. The examples include
Other metering displays
Apple’s Quick Time
Human interface standards