C reativity, A ction, S ervice. CAS Video http:// vimeo.com/33128097. International Baccalaureate. CAS is at the heart of the Diploma Program. C reativity - arts, and other experiences that involve creative thinking.
Creativity- arts, and other experiences that involve creative thinking.
Examples: Join an art club or pursue creative endeavors.
Action- physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
Examples: Join a sports team or pursue individual physical activities.
Service- an unpaid and voluntary exchange that has a learning benefit for the student.
Examples: Get involved with a school service group or volunteer at a local charity organization.
The guideline for the minimum amount of CAS activity is approximately 150 hours in total (3-4 hrs. per week) with a reasonable balance between creativity, action and service.
Experiential Learning Cycle
1. Increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth.
2. Undertake new challenges.
3. Planned and initiated activities.
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities.
6. Engaged with issues of global importance.
7. Considered the ethical implications of their actions.
8. Developed new skills.
All eight outcomes must be present for a student to complete the CAS requirement.
Allen High School
Allen High School CAS Website