Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
MEASURES FOR INCREASING THE PRODUCTIVITY OF RABI CROPS AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & COOPERATION MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE New Delhi . RABI CROPS: RESOURCES BACKGROUND
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & COOPERATION
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
* Poor Monsoon Rain. Nearly - 12% overall rainfall till September 8. Excellent start in June, bad in July, good in August, uncertainty September
* Above 20% deficient : JK, HP, Punjab, West Raj. West UP, East UP, East MP, Jharkhand, Vidarbha, Marath, Telangana, TN, Cast Kar. Kerala, And/Nic
* Agri. Imp. Tract like Pujab, UP, Haryana, Rajasthan, M.P. MS, Jhar. Kar. A.P. T.N. are also facing problems
* Storage of water in 71 reservoirs estimated at 82.59 billion cubic metres (9.9). Represent 63% of capacity.
*SOWING PROGRESS BY END OF AUGUST
TRANSFER TECHNOLOGY GAP : CEREALS - MILLETSProductivity of different crops has also remained much below the existing production potential with available technologies.
(Yield in tonnes/ha)
Raised Bed Planting - raised seed bed planter
* Avoidance of burning of straw and use
* Zero tillage or direct seeding
* Use of Zerotilling cum fertilizer drill
* Furrow irrigated raised bed planting system (FIRBS) : Planting and Management strategy where water is scarce
* ZnSo4 and S application in NWPZ
* Promote the adoption of On-farm Water Management Scheme : Replicate the Shallow Tubewell Model of Assam
* Precise varietal choice coupled with INM area-wise
* System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for water savings in Rabi
* CSH15R, 19R hybrids for deep soils, irrigated areas to be promoted
* Improved varieties for rabi to be popularised
* Strict adherance to early sowing to avoid shootfly damage.
* Enhancing irrigation efficiency using drip system
* Use of biofertilizers and biocontrol agents for wooly aphids
* Micronutrients applications particularly Fe, Zn, S in deficient areas
* Paired low planting
* Intercropping chickpea, lentil with sorghum, safflower, corainder in Central India
* CHATIS, JHA. WB, ORI, EAST MP, parts of AP Kar. Have vast tracts can be converted into rice fallows with short duration chick pea / lentil
* On farm seed priming
* Rapid Minimum Tillage
* Rhizobium inoculation 5g / kg seed. Application of tiny amount of molybdenum to improve modulation (mix sodium molybdate into soil at 1200 g/ha or seed priming 0.5g / litre 402 / ha
* Urdbean / Mungbean in rice fallows
* Seed treatment with fungicides to avoid pre & post emergence mortality in safflower
* Alternate furrow system of irrigation if available
* Intercropping linseed with R & M, Chickpea
* Spineless variety NARI 6 to be promoted, MKs1 to be enhanced
* Enhance SRR in R & M to 60%
* INM with focus on sulphur (Gypsum), PSB in R & M
* Summer rice areas be replaced by groundnut (2.5 t / ha)
* Use of ridges, furrows, or broadbeds for raising crops
* Avoid loss of seedlings due to mortality. Enhanced seed treatment
* In Acid soil (nearly 100 m ha) in Assam, NE,. WB Ori. Bihar, Jhar, Ker. Mah. HP. Out of the 25 m ha of cultivated land is < 5.5 /PH. Hence liming is must with material with 25% Cao (Basic slag,lime sludge, calcite, dolmite, phospho, gypsum, press mud, matheline lime)