Genetics Quiz. Biology I –Pilgrim 5/30/13. When we say that “ Tt ” causes tall plants, “ Tt ” represents a : Phenotype b) genotype c) karyotype d) pedigree 2 . One of 2 alternate forms of a single gene is called a(n) \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Biology I –Pilgrim
c) karyotype d) pedigree
2. One of 2 alternate forms of a single gene is called a(n) _______________?
3. Using the allele key “B= large beak, b=smaller beak” describe the following:
5. A _____ allele is one whose trait always shows up in the organism when the allele is present.
6. The genotype PpLLAaNnTT:
8. In Newts Rough skin (R) is dominant to smooth skin (r). If Tyrone the smooth skinned newts has offspring with Nanda, a newt who carries the recessive allele but is rough-skinned. What are the chances of homozygous offspring? (Show all work)
9. EC: What 2 processes of sexual reproduction are demonstrated inside and outside punnett squares?
10. EC: For the wildflower genotype PpLLAAnnTT, find the possible gametes.
4. Hybrid or heterozygous 5. Dominant
6A. 5 genes 6B. Diploid
7. Create allele key, find parent genotypes, meiosis, fertilization
8. 50% chance 9. Meiosis and Fertilization
10. PLAnT, or pLAnT