Dips and Dunkers. Basic ingredients for the dips : 50g natural yogurt or fromage frais, 50g cream cheese. Some ideas for flavourings. 1. In a bowl, mix together 50g cream cheese and 50g fromage frais or natural yogurt. This is the basis for all the dips.
Basic ingredients for the dips: 50g natural yogurt or fromage frais, 50g cream cheese.
1. In a bowl, mix together 50g cream cheese and 50g fromage frais or natural yogurt. This is the basis for all the dips.
2. For cucumber and onion raita add 1 x 15ml spoon of finely chopped onion, 5cm of chopped cucumber and ½ x 5ml spoon of dried or freshly chopped mint.
3. Cheese and onion: 25g grated cheese and 1 x 15ml spoon of finely chopped onion.
4. Pineapple: add 2 x 15ml spoonfuls of chopped canned pineapple with the juice drained off.
5. Spicy tomato: Add 1 x 15ml spoonful of tomato puree or sauce, shake of pepper or paprika or chilli powder.
7. Serve the dips in ramekins or small dishes. It’s a good idea to add a garnish to show the main ingredient in each dip.
2. Cut the pepper from top to bottom and open it up into a long strip. Remove any seeds and white fibrous bits.
4. Wash and dry two sticks of celery. Cut into pieces about 8cm long. Cut each piece into strips.
5. Cut a piece of cucumber about 7 cm long. Hold in a claw grip and cut down through the cucumber in a criss-cross pattern.
8. Cut down through the carrot in a criss-cross pattern, in the same way as you cut the cucumber.
9. Wash and dry an apple. Cut in half keeping your hand in the bridge hold.
10. Put the flat sides down on the board and cut each half into quarters.
13. Cut each segment into slices and squeeze some lemon juice over the top to prevent browning.