The Sacraments. Sacrament. A Sacrament is an invisible sign of God’s invisible grace. Sacraments bring us closer to God. There are seven Sacraments: Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation, Matrimony, Holy Orders, and Anointing of the Sick. . Sacraments of Initiation . Baptism
At Baptism, parents and Godparents promise to bring children up to follow Jesus.
A name is given to the child (or adult) as part of this welcoming ceremony into God’s Community.
1. Christmation – priest consecrates using oil
2. Priest hands a candle of light lit from the Paschal candle
3. White garment clothing symbolizing new dignity as a child of God
1. The candidate’s forehead is anointed with the Sacred Chrism.
2. The minister places his hand on the candidate’s head and says: “Be sealed with the Gift of the Holy Spirit.”