1. Welcome and Apologies • Apologies were received from: • Peter Rastl (ACOnet), Zvonimir Stanic and Vlado Pribolsan (CARNet), Jan Gruntorad (CESNET), Agathoclis Stylianou (CYNET), Leif Laaksonen and Klaus Lindberg (CSC), Dany Vandromme (RENATER), Kees Neggers and Boudewijn Nederkoorn (SURFnet), Jan Weglarz and Stanislaw Starzak (PSNC), Pedro Veiga and José Fernandes (FCCN), Zoran Jovanovic and Slavko Gajin (AMRES), David Foster (CERN), José Fernández and Giuseppe Ziccardi (ESA), Brian Carpenter and David Martin (IBM), Yves Poppe and Geert-Jan Spelde (Teleglobe). • Proxies: • Andijana Prskalo Macek represents CARNet with proxy • Janne Kanner represents CSC with proxy • Artur Binczewski represents PSNC with proxy • Walter van Dijk represents SURFnet with proxy • Observers: • Werner Koblitz (ACOnet), Krassimir Simonski (SAITC, BG), Baiba Kaskina (LATNET), Tim Marshall (UKERNA), Kyriakos Maifoshis (CYNET)
2. Approval of Agenda • The GA is asked to approve the agenda (GA(07)003).
3. Minutes of 26th GA meeting • The GA is asked to approve the minutes of the 26th General Assembly meeting, which was held in St. Julian’s (Malta) on 20 October 2006 (GA(06)024r1).
4. Membership matters4a. Admission of new members (GA(07)009) • The GA is asked to admit BREN as the National Member for Bulgaria in category 2, effective from receipt of the membership fee for the first year, with a membership fee of 0.6 units and 6 votes in the TERENA General Assembly.
4. Membership matters4b. Changes in membership (GA(07)008) • The GA is asked to admit RoEduNet as the National Member for Romania, replacing RNC.
4. Membership matters4c. Changes in representatives • BREN: Kiril Boyanov (representative), Petar Iliev (substitute) • RoEduNet: Sergiu Iliescu (representative), Octavian Rusu (substitute) ----- • ESA: José Fernández (representative), Giuseppe Ziccardi (substitute) • Teleglobe: Geert-Jan Spelde (substitute)
5. TERENA formal matters5a. Adoption of financial accounts 2006 (FIN(07)002) • The GA is asked to adopt the TERENA Financial Accounts 2006
5. TERENA formal matters5b. TERENA Annual Report • The GA is asked to approve the TERENA Executive Committee’s Annual Report 2006, including the report on the Secretariat
6. TERENA Technical Programme • A report on the meeting of the Technical Advisory Council and an update on the TERENA Technical Programme will be presented orally.
7. Executive Committee elections Vice-President for Technical Programme Valid nominations: • Christoph Graf (nominated by GARR, seconded by ACOnet) • ……… Member Valid nominations: • Alberto Pérez (nominated by GARR, seconded by HUNGARNET) • ………
8. Conferences and workshops8a. TERENA Networking Conference 2007, Lyngby • An oral report will be given on the preliminary results from the TERENA Networking Conference 2007
8. Conferences and workshops8b. TNC 2008, Bruges, 19-22 May 2008 Programme Committee: • Diego López (RedIRIS, ES) chair • Hansruedi Born (SWITCH, CH) • Jacqueline Brown (University of Washington, US) • Andrew Cormack (UKERNA, UK) • Baiba Kaškina (LATNET, LV) • András Kovács (HUNGARNET, HU) • Mike Nelson (IBM, US) • Mikael Linden (CSC, FI) • Ligia Ribeiro (University of Porto, PT) • Dale Robertson (DANTE) • Esther Robles (RedIRIS, ES) • Koen Schelkens (BELNET, BE) • ………..
9. TERENA Secretariat matters • Karel Vietsch Secretary General • John Dyer Chief Technical Officer • Valentino Cavalli Deputy Chief Technical Officer • Kevin Meynell Project Development Officer • Licia Florio Project Development Officer • Cătălin Meiroşu Project Development Officer • Guy Van Den Bergh Project Development Officer • Dick Visser Senior IT Support Officer • Christian Gijtenbeek Webmaster • Gijsbert Sliedrecht Webmaster • Bert van Pinxteren Chief Administrative Officer • Laura Durnford Public Relations Officer • Wilma Overdevest Financial Administrator • Carol de Groot PR & Conference Officer • Jim Buddin Workshop Organiser / Project Management Assistant • Bertine Lokhorst Data Analyst • Hanna Cherigui Secretary • Tonia Bos Assistant Bookkeeper
10. Update on the History Book • An update on the preparations of a history book will be presented orally.
11. Update on the work of TF-LCPM • An update on the work of TF-LCPM will be presented orally.
12 Liaisons12a. CCIRN • Next CCIRN meeting: Saturday 25 August 2007 (or Sunday 26 August 2007) in Xi’an, China • Europe can send a delegation of maximum 7 people, to be appointed by the TERENA Executive Committee • Who would be interested to participate?
13. Next meetings • Riga, 26 October 2007 • Bruges, 22 May 2008
14. Any Other Business • Sending the GA meeting documents (BvP) • Inputs / data / information from NRENs for EARNEST study to be sent now (SJR) • Inputs requested for the TEC’s TERENA Activity Plan 2008 (DO) • Reminder about TERENA Compendium data (BvP) • Inviting NREN managers to TNC gala evening and closing session (SJR) • New name for UKERNA (TM) • Farewell to Claudio Allocchio and Sabine Jaume-Rajaonia (DO)