ABLE Grant for FY 2012. Due Date May 20, 2011. Outline of Presentation. Content. Pages. Grant Process 3-4 Planning Tool 5-8 Funding Application 9-12 Grant Addendum 13-19. Grant process. The submitted application consists of three main sections.
May 20, 2011
Grant Process 3-4
Planning Tool 5-8 Funding Application 9-12
Grant Addendum 13-19
and logging into the SAFE account. If you have any questions, please email them to: OEDSR.Support@ode.state.oh.us )
The Planning Tool will be copied from the FY 2011 grant when you choose “Create a copy of your 2011 District/Agency Plan for Fiscal Year 2012.”
1. The ABLE goal should already be in your district/agency plan, you do not need to add it again.
2. The Fiscal Resources must be added for FY 2012.
To add an amount to the Fiscal Resource for FY 2012:
a. Click on the Plus sign (+) in front of the Adult Basic and Literacy Education link.
b. Click on the Plus sign (+) before Fiscal Resource.
c. Click on the ABLE Instructional Link.
d. Enter the tentative allocation for FY 2012.
e. Click “SAVE”.
3. After the fiscal resources are entered, the strategies and goals can be added.
4. The FY 2012 Action Steps are the same as those for FY 2011, but the descriptions for them must be updated. If you are editing an action step from FY 2011, you do not need to create a relationship for that action step. Refer to the strategies listed in Appendix D of the Overview and Guidance document.
5. Remember – All ABLE programs must enter and respond to action steps for each strategy from Strategy 1 through 3 unless exempted from Strategy 2.
1.As you start to work on the Funding Application make sure you change the year to 2012 .
2. You will not be able to work on the grant until you change the status from “Not Started” to “Draft Started”
Budget Grid (con’t)
1. The Addendum is only available in Excel for FY 2012.
2. Complete all the information on pages 1 and 2 of the grant. Include the service option you offer listing your partner organizations, if applicable.
Enrollment Trends and Projections
3. Complete all the required information for the chart.
4. If you are not serving students in a particular category enter a “0” in that cell of the chart.
5. If you are projecting fewer students in a particular category, please include an explanation of why this is proposed. This explanation should be placed in the history log.
6. Complete the budget narrative to match the grid in the funding application.
8. Table 2 is a New Table. This table is a check to ensure that the Administrative costs do not exceed 15 percent. All the values are pulled from the budget narrative.
This statement will indicate whether you are over or under the 15%. If you are over the 15%, you must reduce the number or call your regional consultant to negotiate the expenses.
The percent is calculated based on the total budget and the totals from the items in the table.
9. Tables 3 and 4 reflect specific costs for corrections and distance education respectively.
10. The amounts on the cover page and the Table must agree.
Table 4 works the same way for Distance Education.
The above table is Table 3 in the budget narrative section. The table provides a total for the costs for Corrections Education in your program. It then pulls the number that was entered on the front page of the grant. If the numbers are different, the note will indicate that you need to correct the difference. If the numbers match, no changes are needed.
11. Complete the table for personnel. The table is separated by the function of the individual. If someone is in two functions, separate the salary into the appropriate tables.
12. There is a new column in this table.
This column asks you to check () if the person
is paid by a purchase service contract.
13.The totals for the table will determine the total for the personnel receiving salaries and the personnel receiving payment based on a purchased service contract.
You do not have to calculate these numbers. The program does it automatically.
14. The summary table is new. This table pulls the numbers from the previous table and determines the grand totals for each category. You do not have to calculate anything, the program does this for you.
Instructional Sites Page
Consultant by phone at 614.466.5015 or
by e-mail at the addresses below.
Donna Albanese, State ABLE Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Karen Scheid, State ABLE Consultant (email@example.com)
Cynthia Zengler, State ABLE Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org)