Arts in the Industrial Age. Chapter 6 Section 4. Romanticism. From about 1750 to 1850, a cultural movement called romanticism emerged in Western art and literature Remember how the Enlightenment period was about using natural laws to understand social, political, and economic problems?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ludwig van Beethoven
1. Which art form sought to capture the first fleeting impression made by a scene or object on the viewer’s eye?
2. Who was considered a pioneer in the field of photography?
3. Which artistic style emphasized imagination, freedom, and emotion?
4. Which artistic form would have portrayed the harsh lives of slum dwellers?
a. realism, b. impressionism, c. romanticism
5. Which author was known for his colorful portrayals of slum life?
6. Which Dutch painter was known for his bold colors?
7. Which Romantic composer combined classical forms with a stirring, emotional range of sound?
8. Which Romantic author wrote The Three Musketeers and The Huntchback of Notre Dame?
9. Where did impressionism first take root?
10. Vincent Van Gogh, who cut off his ear, was an example of which artistic movement?