Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The Gospel According to John Friday Night Study Guide January 2014. The Gospel According to John (January 24, 2014). Chapter 1 – Verses # 1-3
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Chapter 1 – Verses # 1-3
- He is the “express image” of the Father’s person (Heb. 1:3) just as a word is an image or picture of a thought - He is also the “Interpreter” of the Divine Will (Jn. 1:18) – “The only begotten Son, hath declared the Father”1. Through the Creation 2. Through the Prophets 3. Through the Incarnation
2. He is a distinct person from God, yet one with Him A. “And the Word was with God” – “With” – not in the sense of co-existence, or location, proximity or communion, but of a mysterious relation with God. The preposition with implies that The Word was with God, before He revealed God
B. The Life Eternal was not only “manifested to men”, but it was WITH THE FATHER (1John 1:2) – not with God as to emphasize the distinction of the Persons in the Godhead, not with men or angels, as they were yet to be created, but with the Father in eternal glory. It was to The Word that the Father said – “Let us make man in our image and our likeness.”
Chapter 1 – Verse # 4 “In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of men”
2. His Life is a different kind of “Life” than that which He creates…His Life is best understood by the word “Light” #5457 (phÕs) which means to shine or make manifest by rays, luminousness, figuratively, “fire”
2. PHÕS is to “become” the LIGHT of men through the resurrection of Jesus Christ who was:“The First-Begotten from the dead” – (Hebrews 1:6)“The Firstborn (from the dead) of the church (His ruling body consisting of all races, kindred, tongues, people & nations – (Rev. 5-9)“The Firstborn (from the dead) among many brethren (Israel) – (Rom. 8:29)“ The Firstborn (from the dead) of every creature (all creation) – (Col.1:15)3. Jesus Christ is the firstborn from the dead of a new creation which God ordained before the foundation of the world – Never before in ALL OF HIS CREATION had the Father and the Son, embarked on a plan to bring the CREATION through the experience of sin and death, that the creation might see the wisdom of God’s perfect law, having experienced the pain and suffering that result from disobedience, and that they might learn that the Law was given in LOVE by a faithful CREATOR Who would demonstrate His LOVE FOR all of His creation by allowing His only begotten son– Who never disobeyed, nor would He, because Had not the seed of sin in Him – to GIVE His life as a ransom for ALL. Once the penalty was paid, God could not allow death to hold the Righteous, and He “brought again from the dead” the Lord Jesus Christ, Who was raised a SPIRITUAL Body and Who thus became a “LIFE GIVING SPIRIT” – WHO will give this PHÕS life to all of His creation
Who has the authority to give His Life (PHÕS) to whoever He determines is WORTHY of it. WORTHINESS is determined by the recipients willingness to “REPENT” of His disobedient ways, “BELIEVE” into the LORD JESUS CHRIST – that He was delivered for their offences and was raised for their justification – be “TRIED AND TESTED” and be “BAPTIZED” by the HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE and be conformed to the “IMAGE” of God’s dear Son. Having met these qualifications he or she will be added to the Lambs Book of Life and admitted to that city of cities, the NEW JERUSALEM – “whose gates are never shut at all by day: for there shall be no night (darkness) there. And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whosoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” (Rev. 21:25-27)
4. Jesus Christ as the King of Kings and Lord of Lord’s will continue working through His Church (His Body) His Nation (Israel) to bring all nations (all creation) unto PHÕS life. Once this has been accomplished “GOD WILL HAVE BECOME ALL IN ALL”at which time the Son (The Lord Jesus Christ) will turn the entire (WORLD WIDE KINGDOM) over to the FATHER, who will then have not only a “model” universe from which to order all creation, but will have a vast number of servants – WHO ARE INCAPABLE OF SIN or DISOBEDIENCE because they possess the PHÕS LIFE – THEY ARE SONS OF GOD BY THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST – HIS SONS SHALL BE “LIGHT” IN WHOM THERE IS NO DARKNESS (John 1:5)