Ajay Garg 05005004 Satadru Biswas 05005021 Veeranna 05005023 Praveen Lakhotia 05D05010 Arun Karthikeyan 05D05020. Philosophical Foundations of AI. Outline. Turing Test – Satadru Weak AI – Arun Strong AI – Veeranna AI Complete – Ajay Ethics of AI – Praveen .
“the interrogator decides wrongly as often when the game is played [with the computer] as he does when the game is played between a man and a woman, then it can be argued that the computer is intelligent”
2. It fails to capture the general properties of intelligence, such as the ability to solve difficult problems or come up with original insights.
Image Courtesy: Wikipedia Commons
CAN MACHINES ACT INTELLIGENTLY?
2) mental phenomena are higher level features of the brain.
2) If we are brains in a vat, then “brain” does not refer to brain, and “vat” does not refer to vat (via CC) .
3) If “brain in a vat” does not refer to brains in a vat, then “we are brains in a vat” is false .
4) Thus, if we are brains in a vat, then the sentence “We are brains in a vat” is false (1,2,3).
2) Computer programs are entirely defined by their formal, or syntactical, structure.
3) Syntax is not sufficient for semantics (against functionalism).
4)Brains cause minds.