Innovation - Thermacore heat pipes offer greater design flexibility due to the heat pipe's ability to transfer heat efficiently. Their heat pipes can be bent and formed into a variety of configurations while maintaining their heat transfer properties.
- Thermacore heat pipes offer greater design flexibility due to the heat pipe's
ability to transfer heat efficiently. Their heat pipes can be bent and formed
into a variety of configurations while maintaining their heat transfer properties.
Heat Pipe Technology
- Modine Manufacturing Company (NASDAQ: MODI) has completed the acquisition of Thermacore International, Inc., in a pooling-of-interests transaction announced
originally on Dec. 14, 2000. Thermacore, based in Lancaster, Pa., provides advanced thermal solutions for the electronics industry. The total transaction is valued at $110
million, including approximately $93.5 million through the exchange of about 3.6 million shares of Modine common stock for Thermacore common stock. Modine also is
assuming about $19 million in Thermacore liabilities, net of cash.
- The firm has expanded its Mexican Production capacity with the opening if its new facility in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. The new plant currently has 77,000 square feet
of production space, and can be expanded another 77,000 square feet as future demands dictate.
- The firm has recently announced a $2 Million contract from IBM to supply Therma-Fin™ cooling solutions for the Pentium 4 processors in IBM's high
performance PC's. Therma-Fin™ heat sinks will provide the thermal performance necessary for processor speeds well beyond 1.5 GHz.
- On January 9th of this year the firm announced the awarding of production orders in excess of $4.0 Million from Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, for a hybrid
cooling system called an HMS (heat management system).
Points of Contact:
-NASA: Jane Fox- (281)-483-4815 Company : email@example.com
1983 SBIR Phase II; NAS9-17305
Johnson Space Center
Success Story 09-51