Homeroom assignment for 1/31/11. Revolt in Egypt What were some of the reasons for the protests in Egypt, and how did it get started? Who is Hosni Mubarak? Gen Money: College Debt Do you think a student loan is a wise investment?. Vocabulary.
Revolt in Egypt
Gen Money: College Debt
Write down the following vocabulary words and their definitions; make a sentence with the words to show their meaning.
1. . True or False The protests in Egypt were started by young people but now people of all ages and walks of life are involved.
2. True or False President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt has been an ally of the U.S. for 30 years.
3. True or False Most of the $1.6 billion of aid given to Egypt by the U.S. goes to the people of that country.
4. True or False The average cost of a year of college in America is $24,000.
5. True or False One way to stay out of debt is to apply for a scholarship. There are $3.4 billion in scholarships available for college students.