4. Master test planning. Elements of master test planning. The testing of a large system, with many hardware components and hundreds of thousands lines of code in software, is a complex endeavour involving many specialists performing different testing tasks at various
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Master test planning
hardware components and hundreds of
thousands lines of code in software, is a
complex endeavour involving many specialists
performing different testing tasks at various
points in the project.
- test strategic choices – what to test and how thorough;
- allocation of scarce resources;
- communication between the disciplines involved.
1 formulate the assignment;
2 global review and study;
3 determine the master test strategy;
4 specify infrastructure;
5 define the organization;
6 determine a global schedule.
- unique identification of the information system to be tested;
- interfaces with neighboring systems;
- conversion or porting activities.
– providing management with advice concerning measured quality and the associated risks;
– maintaining an environment where high priority problems and solutions can be tested immediately;
– third line helpdesk, for extraordinary problems;
usually already fixed by the time the test assignment is
and the infrastructure is usually fixed when the test assignment is
means,budget, and time.
- determine the required roles;
- establish training;
- assign tasks, competencies, and responsibilities.
- test policy management;
- test configuration management;
- methodological and technical support;
- planning and monitoring.