WATERSHED MANAGEMENT. Muhammad Tayyab Nauman 2004- ag -1411 7 th Semester Department of Agronomy. Watershed. The area that drains into a river or other body of water. Actions in one part of a watershed will often have an impact throughout the watershed. Watersheds & Watershed Management.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Muhammad Tayyab Nauman
2004- ag -1411
Department of Agronomy
“…the science of water that is concerned with the origin, circulation, distribution, and properties of waters of the earth”
* By 2025 – 1/3 world’s population will face severe shortages of water
* Irrigated agriculture uses 70% of all runoff used by humans
* Requirements for agriculture will more than double by 2050
* Large scale water development projects opposed for environmental/ecological reasons
Floods, Landslides, Torrents: Billions of $ in damages worldwide each year
Example: Recent flooding in Sindh and Balochistan
* 1/5 world’s population lacks safe drinking water
* More than 2 million die each year from diseases due to polluted water & poor sanitation
Land Use Impacts on Streamflow & Water Quality