January 23, 2010 | Patience. 1. What animal do you associate with patience? Why? 2. Who in the Bible do you associate with patience? Why?. Read Luke 10|38-40 3. Are you a Martha or a Mary? What are the benefits and shortcomings of each personality type?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What animal do you associate with patience? Why?2. Who in the Bible do you associate with patience? Why?
Read Luke 10|38-403. Are you a Martha or a Mary? What are the benefits and shortcomings of each personality type?
4. As we seek to grow in patience, which of the three steps we talked about this Sunday do you think is most difficult to implement?1) Regularly detach yourself from the world. 2) Plan some Margin in your life. 3) Establish lines of accountability.
“Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind." Leonardo da Vinci
5. Can you think of a time when practicing patience could have saved you from hurt, loss, or embarrassment?
6. We all lose our patience from time to time. What are some situations in which you get frustrated and lose your patience? Do these situations more often involve things or people?
Read James 5| 7-117. Do you think there is there a connection between patience and perseverance? Do these two traits go hand in hand? What (if any) is the difference between them?
Read: Psalms 37|7-9, Psalms 37|34, Psalms 40|1-3, Galatians 6|9, Hebrews 6|12, Hebrews 10|36, James 5|7-8
8. The Bible also frequently mentions a promise along with patience and perseverance.What are these promises? What does the presence of these promises mean to you?
9. What is one area in your life this week you are going to attempt to be more patient?