Implementation of NREGA in Gujarat. Commissionerate of Rural Development Gandhinagar. What is NREGA.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Commissionerate of Rural Development
Application for job card
Selection of works
Approval of shelf of
Issue of job card
Informing village PRI
Demand for employment
Preparation of estimates
Maintenance of muster roll
Payment of wages
(8) At least one-third beneficiaries shall be women
(9) Work site facilities such as crèche, drinking water, shade have to be provided
(10) Shelf of projects for a village will be recommended by the gram sabha
(11) At least 50% of works will be allotted to Gram Panchayats for execution
(12) Permissible works predominantly include water and soil conservation, aforestation and land development works
(13) A 60:40 wage and material ration has to be maintained.
(14) No contractors and machinery is allowed
(15) Social Audit has to be done by the Gram Sabha
Key Stakeholders are:
Scrutinizing the annual development plan proposed by the GPs
Including the proposals of the Intermediate Panchayat
Matching employment opportunities with the demand for work
Monitoring and supervising implementation
Disposal of complaints
Ensuring that social audits are conducted by the Gram Sabha
Payment of unemployment allowance
Consolidating block plans into district plan
Ensuring administrative and technical approvals to the shelf of projects
Release and utilization of funds
Ensuring hundred percent monitoring of works, Muster Roll Verifications,
Submission of Monthly Progress Reports.
Wide communication of the Scheme
Ensuring that full time dedicated personnel are in place for implementing NREGA at all levels
Ensuring that the State share of the NREGS budget is released on time
Establishing a network of professional agencies for technical support and for quality-control measures
Regular review, monitoring and evaluation of NREGS Ensuring accountability and transparency in the Scheme at all levels
The Works permissible under NREG are :
The role of the Line Department is to give
No overhead charge will be given to any line department.
Procedure to be followed
No RCC roads permissible
Road and Building Department Convergence with
(A) The work that can be taken under NREGA
(B) The work of the road that is required to be taken up from the State Budget Funds
All Tribal agriculturists are entitled for
13 Reclimination of degraded Bhal areas
14. Development of infrastructure like ,road and
rain water drainage.
15 Development of grass land.
At least 1/3rd of the beneficiaries shall be women who have registered and requested for work under the Scheme(NREGA ACT, Schedule II, Section 6)Till March 2008