Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Wayne County Health Department Behavior Risk Survey, 2008. Would you say that in general, your health is: Excellent 83 Very Good 230 Good 231 Fair 51 Poor 10 Total 605. Is there a doctor’s office or clinic you regularly go to for medical care? Yes 518
About how long has it been since you last visited a doctor for a routine check up?
New Hanover 3
Wayne Memorial 113
Pitt County Memorial 22
Wake Med 11
Other Hospitals 23
7. About how long has it been since you last visited a dentist for a routine checkup?
1-12 months ago 405
1-2 years ago 78
2-5 years ago 61
5 or more years ago 51
Never been to a dentist 2
Don’t know/Not sure 6
During the past five years, have you been tested for any of the following?
This chart elaborates on the above testing question to show the number of “problems” that were discovered from testing.
10. If your blood pressure if high, what measure are you currently taking to lower your blood pressure?
Diet changes 78
11. If you cholesterol is high, what measures are you currently taking to lower your blood cholesterol?
Diet changes 106
How often do you use seat belts when you drive or ride in a motor vehicle?
Has a member of your household ever become pregnant or fathered a baby before they were 18 years old?
Overall, when you think about the foods you eat, would you say your diet is high, medium, or low in fat?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how good of an education do you believe your children are receiving? (please circle a number with 1 being the highest and 10 being the lowest)
22. Do you believe there are enough parks and recreational facilities in Wayne County?
About how long has it been since YOUR CHILD last visited a doctor for a routine check up?
28. In the past week, approximately how many times did you eat “fast food” (McDonald’s Taco Bell, Hardees, etc.)?
One to two times 288
Three to five times 241
Six or more times 26
30. On days you drink alcoholic beverages, how many do you usually drink?
One to two 186
Three to four 39
Five to six 13
Seven to Ten 3
I do not drink 310
31. After how many drinks do you not drive a motor vehicle?
One to two 161
Three to five 13
Six or more 1
Smoke cigarettes 114
Use smokeless tobacco 6
Smoke cigars 7
Smoke a pipe 0
I do not smoke 466
33. Would you like to quit smoking?
35. How many times a week do you usually exercise (brisk walking, jogging, biking, tennis, etc.) for at least 20 minutes?
One to two 143
Three to five 208
Six or more 63
What is the main reason why you or someone in your household cannot get or follow the medical care you need?
In the past 5 years, have you or anyone in your household ever witnessed or known of any kind of physical or sexual abuse within your home?
In meeting your basic housing, nutrition, and healthcare needs are you…? (check all that apply)
At what grade level do you think children should begin receiving education about HIV and AIDS?
Food stamps 27
Rental Asst./Section 8 1
Prescription Drug assistance 6
In the past year, approximately how many days have you missed work due to personal illness?
Health Concerns of Wayne County
53. Listed below are health concerns that can affect many communities. Please check those that you are MOST concerned about in Wayne County.
Listed below are some behaviors that may cause poor health. Please check the TOP THREE BEHAVIORS that you think keep people in Wayne County from being healthy.
What specific things do you think can be done to improve health in Wayne County?