slide1 l.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Slips, Trips and Falls PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Slips, Trips and Falls

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 16

Slips, Trips and Falls - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 127 Views
  • Uploaded on

Slips, Trips and Falls. Slips,Trips and Falls. 46% of the Slips, Trips and Falls claims between 2003 and 2007 had no Lost Time Injury Of the remaining 54% of claims, the average number of days lost per claim was 9.4 days (for claims open for a year or less) .

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Slips, Trips and Falls' - sibyl


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
slide1

Slips,

Trips and

Falls

slide3

Slips,Trips and Falls

  • 46% of the Slips, Trips and Falls claims between 2003 and 2007 had no Lost Time Injury
  • Of the remaining 54% of claims, the average number of days lost per claim was 9.4 days (for claims open for a year or less)
slide10

What you can do

to raise awareness of Slips, Trips and Falls at your worksite….

Visit the DECS Health & Safety Services Website:

  • Prevention of Falls from Height Procedure
  • Slips Trips and Fall PowerPoint Show
  • Download the LOOKout poster and display it
  • Download an area checklist
  • Download Action Plan for Slips, Trips & Falls
  • Put up Posters!
  • Involve your Health & Safety Committee
  • Use Business Manager to keep track of tasks

Use Visual Safety Reminders

Download Poster

slide11

Marking trip hazards

Tree protection -

No trip hazard

Stair strips assist in edge and depth perception

Blue reflectors are very effective pavement edge markers

slide12

Safe Procedures

See what is ahead

Use platform ladders where possible

Use ladders appropriately

Use step aids

Clean up

trip hazards outside

slide13

Good Housekeeping

Keep walkways

free of trip

hazards

Keep floor space clear of trip hazards

slide14

Other things that can help you stay on your feet…

Wear appropriate footwear for the task

Ensure that areas are well lit - light fittings are not dirty and in poor condition e.g. tubes missing

Carrying loads appropriately can assist in fall prevention. It is an appropriate manual handling technique

Ensure any medications do not have bad side effects – eg those that affect your balance

Wear glasses if required and ensure your vision is checked so you can see clearly

slide15

Complete an Action Plan……..

Download Sample Action Plan

slide16

I was walking from our classroom to the library with my class, when I slipped on a banana peel left on the ground.

..please watch your step, and fix or report hazards