U.S in central America & The Caribbdean. Susan M. Pojer Horace Greeley HS Chappaqua, NY & Moi Lakeside School, Seattle WA. The Cuban “Melodrama”. The Spanish-American War: 1898. Valeriano Weyler’s “Reconcentration” Policy. Remember the Maine ! To Hell with Spain !.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Susan M. PojerHorace Greeley HS Chappaqua, NY
Lakeside School, Seattle WA
The Spanish-American War: 1898
Senator Orville Platt
Platt Amendment (1903)
1. Cuba was not to enter into any agreements with foreign powers that would endanger its independence.
2. The U.S. could intervene in Cuban affairs if necessary to maintain an efficient, independent govt.
3. Cuba must lease Guantanamo Bay to the U.S. for naval and coaling station.
4. Cuba must not build up an excessive public debt.
1. Nicaragua - 1909, 1912, 1932
2. Mexico -1914, 1916-17
3. Haiti -1915-1934
4. Dominican Republic - 1904, 1905, 1912, 1914, 1916-1924
What were some of Castro’s reforms??
A Soviet “Client-State”
The Cuban Adjustment Act - 1966
US Embargo of Cuba