INTER-COUNTRY. COOPERATION . IN DEVELOPMENT OF HYDROPOWER. First BIMSTEC Energy Ministers’ Conference: October 4, 2005. Declaration regarding Hydro Power.
IN DEVELOPMENT OF HYDROPOWER
Plan of Action:
India to host a workshop on “Sharing of experiences in developing hydro projects” – Hence, this workshop.
At present, India has cooperation in the field of hydro power with:
- about 470 MW (pre-Tala HEP)
- about 1490 MW (post Tala HEP)
1. Chukha( 336 MW) – Commissioned: 1986-88
2. Kurichu(60 MW) – Commissioned: 2001-03
1. Tala(1020 MW)- Partially Commissioned (6 Units of 170 MW each commissioned)
DPR under prepartion
1. Punatsangchu-II( 1000 MW)
2. Mangdechu( 360/600 MW)
Pre-feasibility Report Prepared
1. Manas(2800 MW)- Multipurpose
- about 565 MW
Other Hydro Projects under consideration
- about 747 MW
- about 10,400 MW
Tremendous scope of inter-country cooperation for exploiting hydel potential in BIMSTEC countries for mutual benefits.
India can render assistance in developing hydro potential of BIMSTEC countries from Concept to Commissioning.
MoU/Agreement(s) could be reached amongst BIMSTEC countries to enhance cooperation in the field of hydro power.